IGNORED

Amazing Villa Fan

Donkeeebles

It's the Newcastle United scenario. Their Club is so famous and wonderful that they assume they have a Divine right to be in the Premiership and therefore beat everybody in the Championship.

He must have a small one if he thinks City players are giants.

Question : 'if your Club is so great why were you relegated?"

4 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Did we have that many really tall players on the pitch? Apart from ROD, the two centre halves, Pack and Abraham I'm struggling a bit. Pack and Magnusson can't be much more than 6' anyway, which is hardly gigantic.

He's either a WUM or a legend if you ask me. A cap on players over 5' 9" could be interesting.

Comedy gold to be sure.

The other option is that he is a bit deluded and not coming to terms with how mentally weak his team are. The way they surrendered wasn't as bad as Bolton last season, but at least Bolton had the (and I don't really want to use the word) excuse that they were already doomed.

If I supported Villa I think I would be looking at the problems with my own team rather than blaming the opposition for trying to beat them.

31 minutes ago, cityboy said:

But guys, we have [some] tall players. It's hardly fair, go easy on the lad.

Spot on, cityboy. I think Gregory is talking sense - and not displaying sour grapes at all. Personally, I believe that 5'8" is quite tall enough for anyone and it is a disgrace that City insist on playing tall useless players like, for example, that lanky Tammy bloke.

Think of the money we'd save if our entire squad was under the magic figure. It would cost less to kit them out, they'd fit neatly into bunk beds in family rooms on away games - significant saving when we're playing in Europe. I reckon that by 2029 we'd save enough to replace Kodjia - obviously, with someone shorter. 

On their match day thread they are a little more than disrespectful. Calling us "only bristol City..." and "bang average..." amongst other remarks. I'd suggest that if their team think that about other championship teams then they are in for a very tough season...I think what LJ was referring to was that our fight and play 2nd half demoralised and took all of their spirit. That's a trouncing! 

21 minutes ago, shamussy said:

On their match day thread they are a little more than disrespectful. Calling us "only bristol City..." and "bang average..." amongst other remarks. I'd suggest that if their team think that about other championship teams then they are in for a very tough season...I think what LJ was referring to was that our fight and play 2nd half demoralised and took all of their spirit. That's a trouncing! 

It makes me laugh when you think that our owner could buy and sell their basket case club several times !

Amazing stuff...I don't think the vast majority of Villa fans are deluded enough to think they are in for anything other than a very rough season....RDM has what experience of this division and has a team of Premier League players (at last they think they are) playing in the wrong division.

They ended up well beaten. The judgement of the one total fool that we had a team of giants and their plucky. but skillfull, little short guys couldn't deal with it is the most telling....Excluding Goalkeepers (which btw one of the shortest is on our books) we have Flint Magnusson and Tammy that could be classified as tall....We have Reid Freeman & Bryan that are short (Korey as well on another day) and the rest are pretty average height....And at no time was there any long ball to the lumbering giant tactics (we dont have one of those)...Tammy is hardly lumbering....However we do have threat at dead balls in the air, where we got the grand total of zero goals yesterday..

Second half Villa were out passed out thought and out scored....None of them from a long ball or a header....!

A very large percentage of Villa fans must be unaware of how competitive the Championship is. The best quality second tier league anywhere in the football world and isn't it about the fifth or sixth best attended.

Any team in this league is very capable of beating any other side and this is what makes this league so entertaining and exciting. I thought Villa looked good in the first half, but maybe that we an illusion caused by our lads "giving them too much respect".

Villa had a poor defence last season from what I saw on MOD and it would appear that it's still very fragile. We had some of that in the first half of last season when we played some tidy football but had our defence torn to ribbons by sides. It's a hard pill to swallow but as soon as Villa sort the defence, and I'm sure Di Matteo will, they should make progress up the league.

And if some of their fans think they were hard done by yesterday, wait til they come up against the mighty Rotherham and all their antics.

Archived