IGNORED

Corporate area

Cov 77

Anyone in the ground yesterday and at the Newcastle game must have wondered why the upper half of three blocks were set aside for the corporate day guests and less than half those seats were full , it looked awful in the middle of a decent look for the lower bowl as it were , if the answer is that at present because of reduced facilities they can't sell as many packages as they'd like then at least for now let them fill say two blocks and sell the tickets to the other fans , the club really don't have a clue at times , that's not to even mention why safety regulations have managed to reduce capacity in a 'sell out ' by 1500 in a week !

Be good if the Club explained why so many Corporate's seats have been empty for our first 3 games that included perhaps our most attractive opposition.

It was impossible to get an ST here for fans willing to pay the premium ,so it would be helpful for  an explanation why fans ,including myself, have ended on in the Lower West Stand wings with loads of premium empty seats in the centre block.

If these remain UNSOLD then next season move the Corporate section in the SS Dolman corner into the Lower West Stand Centre (filling all the seats). Then move the Atyeo singers into the SS corner , a return to the East end. Family ST holders moving into the other side of the SS or perhaps into the Upper West Stand.

Atyeo for Away fans only with increased allocations and  revenue and our fans compressed into the 3 remaining sides. Wall of sound with the East End singing section located between the Dolman and centre South Stand.

7 hours ago, Cov 77 said:

Anyone in the ground yesterday and at the Newcastle game must have wondered why the upper half of three blocks were set aside for the corporate day guests and less than half those seats were full , it looked awful in the middle of a decent look for the lower bowl as it were , if the answer is that at present because of reduced facilities they can't sell as many packages as they'd like then at least for now let them fill say two blocks and sell the tickets to the other fans , the club really don't have a clue at times , that's not to even mention why safety regulations have managed to reduce capacity in a 'sell out ' by 1500 in a week !

Corporate seats are usually half empty, they're paid for and then tickets handed out to guests who may or may not turn up, they're usually not fans.  Nature of the beast I'm afraid, I guess the empty seats cost someone a pretty packet.

The corporates are purely an income generator, if they're empty why should the club care.  Have had tickets for loads of football and cricket matches where a group of us didn't go as no affiliation to the club/team and were enjoying ourselves in the pub. 

Just how how it is.

Unfortunately that's the way things are in this country these days. Corporate money talks....the ordinary punter doesn't count for much!

Just a bit annoying for those of us who had equivalent seats in the back of the Williams in blocks B, C & D for many years (in some cases as far back as our last visit to the top flight!) but now shunted out to the side blocks of 11, 12, 16 & 17 as we were unable to get season tickets for the equivalent of what we had before the new stand. Especially as that was what we were promised before being moved out last season. Strangely enough that's not how it worked out!

In the end the whole season ticket business in the West stand was a typical BCFC IT fiasco with people unable to book online on the day of release plus it being a general free-for-all as to what seats you went for rather than any form of allocation. Some people I know were very upset at the time & it caused a lot of unnecessary stress.

IT around ticketing is really one area where the club could do with improving...

5 hours ago, RumRed said:

Corporate seats are usually half empty, they're paid for and then tickets handed out to guests who may or may not turn up, they're usually not fans.  Nature of the beast I'm afraid, I guess the empty seats cost someone a pretty packet.

The corporates are purely an income generator, if they're empty why should the club care.  Have had tickets for loads of football and cricket matches where a group of us didn't go as no affiliation to the club/team and were enjoying ourselves in the pub. 

Just how how it is.

That was the problem with the London Olympics. If the corporates don't want the seats, let them be sold on to someone who does. It's tough if you've paid your money and have no intention of using them. A Thursday cut-off, then they are released, with no refund. The club gets extra money, and people who want to watch the match, can.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That was the problem with the London Olympics. If the corporates don't want the seats, let them be sold on to someone who does. It's tough if you've paid your money and have no intention of using them. A Thursday cut-off, then they are released, with no refund. The club gets extra money, and people who want to watch the match, can.

My company used to have 4 corporate seats, they were used by the upper management etc and occasionally offered out to employees as prizes, rewards for performance, milestones etc - I am sure a lot of those people who had hold of the tickets had no interest in football, let alone BCFC so would not have attended. I am pretty sure even the management did not use the tickets all the time - so how is the club to know if people are going to arrive and use all or some of those 4 seats ?

13 minutes ago, Fiale said:

My company used to have 4 corporate seats, they were used by the upper management etc and occasionally offered out to employees as prizes, rewards for performance, milestones etc - I am sure a lot of those people who had hold of the tickets had no interest in football, let alone BCFC so would not have attended. I am pretty sure even the management did not use the tickets all the time - so how is the club to know if people are going to arrive and use all or some of those 4 seats ?

you ask them, I guess… 

The same with STHs, which I think they will implement in the future. If you're not attending, allow the ticket to be released

7 hours ago, RumRed said:

Just how how it is.

Exactly.  And I suspect that there will be many sunning themselves abroad atm so may get better when everyone returns to work.

Corporates pay the highest amount per seat and it's up to them if they want to waste their money.

Waitrose never check up on whether I've eaten all the smoked salmon cocktail blinis I buy from them.

26 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

you ask them, I guess… 

The same with STHs, which I think they will implement in the future. If you're not attending, allow the ticket to be released

Seems time consuming asking companies if they are going to be using the tickets they bought, and would the companies even know if they are going to be used by staff, business associates until they either turn up / or not. I imagine there are more seats spread around the ground from season ticket holders not turning up than corporate seating, I doubt we all want to check in with the club every game to let them know if we are going to attend the game or not.

1 minute ago, Fiale said:

Seems time consuming asking companies if they are going to be using the tickets they bought, and would the companies even know if they are going to be used by staff, business associates until they either turn up / or not. I imagine there are more seats spread around the ground from season ticket holders not turning up than corporate seating, I doubt we all want to check in with the club every game to let them know if we are going to attend the game or not.

The release of STs has been mentioned on several occasions on OTIB. The problem with the corporate seats is that they are all together, so are more noticeable when empty - plus the stigma of the fact that seats have been purchased/reserved for people who aren't actually interested

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

If you got a tenner back and the club resell for twenty with say, a fiver going to charity and the rest for admin I think a fair few would let them know they weren`t going. You could even have a scheme where the tenners get `banked` and go towards the next season`s ST. With the charity either pick one or more the club supports or have a list of five or so that you could select from.

Archived