IGNORED

Oliver Burke Forest to Leipzig

JoeAman08

Let's be glad this deal was done. What a player he's been to start the year. Quick and strong and drawn comparison to Gareth Bale. Good move for him I think too. Can play at a good standard for an up and coming team. Roughly €10m. 

RB Leipzig are a team on the rise in Germany. Not well thought of because they go against the grain in Germany. They prefer fan owned clubs and despise corporate teams. The RB stands for Red Bull. Moved to a large stadium not quite in Leipzig if I remember well. Gone from 4th to top division in 5 years and I reckon they could get champions league in the next 5. Awash with cash and ambition. If they can secure moves like these(and past ones tbf) they will be a force. Linked with young Reece Oxford earlier in the window as well. They continue to impress. 

I know this isn't Bristol City related but I thought it was an interesting story and situation. 

1 minute ago, JoeAman08 said:

Let's be glad this deal was done. What a player he's been to start the year. Quick and strong and drawn comparison to Gareth Bale. Good move for him I think too. Can play at a good standard for an up and coming team. Roughly €10m. 

RB Leipzig are a team on the rise in Germany. Not well thought of because they go against the grain in Germany. They prefer fan owned clubs and despise corporate teams. The RB stands for Red Bull. Moved to a large stadium not quite in Leipzig if I remember well. Gone from 4th to top division in 5 years and I reckon they could get champions league in the next 5. Awash with cash and ambition. If they can secure moves like these(and past ones tbf) they will be a force. Linked with young Reece Oxford earlier in the window as well. They continue to impress. 

I know this isn't Bristol City related but I thought it was an interesting story and situation. 

Just seen this myself.  Think the fee is a bit more than that though.  English players rarely go abroad so this is a bit of an odd one but fair play to the lad for taking the plunge.  

Sort of player I would hope we would sign if we are ever in position to compete for his signature.

1 minute ago, RedDave said:

Just seen this myself.  Think the fee is a bit more than that though.  English players rarely go abroad so this is a bit of an odd one but fair play to the lad for taking the plunge.  

Sort of player I would hope we would sign if we are ever in position to compete for his signature.

Fair enough. Fee I've read on Twitter was £8m. I think if he would've stayed in England the fee may have been higher. For example Renato Sanches was linked with United for £40-45m. Ended up going for €25-30m. I think all other countries know the money in England. I would assume forest have a massive sell on clause whatever the fee. 

Fair enough. Fee I've read on Twitter was £8m. I think if he would've stayed in England the fee may have been higher. For example Renato Sanches was linked with United for £40-45m. Ended up going for €25-30m. I think all other countries know the money in England. I would assume forest have a massive sell on clause whatever the fee. 

Think you are partly right actually.  Believe it to be £8m with add ons up to £13m.

32 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Don't let the Scots hear you calling him English!! ;)

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

Genuine question as I know zero about the majority of continual football but if they despise "corporate teams" why do they have the name of a drinks giant in their name and their logo as part of the club badge?

3 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

Genuine question as I know zero about the majority of continual football but if they despise "corporate teams" why do they have the name of a drinks giant in their name and their logo as part of the club badge?

It`s the rest that despise RB because they`re corporate and not like the others.

Think of them as Germany`s MK Dons which is probably the closest analogy over here.

6 minutes ago, 54-46 said:

I've only written what I've read. I probably didn't explain it as well as what I've read either but the post just above is a good analogy. Think it has less to do with the name but I think the majority of lower level teams which is what they were are fan owned. Again just paraphrasing what I've read

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It`s the rest that despise RB because they`re corporate and not like the others.

Think of them as Germany`s MK Dons which is probably the closest analogy over here.

Ah now I've read it again it makes sense. Apologies

As you were everyone.......

12 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

They're in advanced talk for a 2m striker from Fiorentina apparently. 

They've got 3 quality young forwards already in Poulsen, Selke and Werner. Probably the youngest top division team in the big 5. I feel we are following a similar path albeit in a much tougher market for these players. 

They've got 3 quality young forwards already in Poulsen, Selke and Werner. Probably the youngest top division team in the big 5. I feel we are following a similar path albeit in a much tougher market for these players. 

Jesus Joe... Is all you do read about/watch football?

1 minute ago, Fordy62 said:

Jesus Joe... Is all you do read about/watch football?

It's my main hobby at the moment. I used to be this way with basketball. I could tell you about 13-14 year old prospects just coming into high school as well as scouting reports on college players. When I get into something I get into it. Have a patient and understanding misses :cool:

When I heard Bayern Munich wanted him I thought he'd have head off there, interesting to chose Leipzig, yes he'll get first team football probably, however if he then doesn't live up to the standard his career could decline sharply. A move to Munich or a prem club, even if he doesn't step up someone will take the gamble on him still, and if he were to make the step up he'd be playing for a huge club in all likeliness.

2 minutes ago, hodge said:

When I heard Bayern Munich wanted him I thought he'd have head off there, interesting to chose Leipzig, yes he'll get first team football probably, however if he then doesn't live up to the standard his career could decline sharply. A move to Munich or a prem club, even if he doesn't step up someone will take the gamble on him still, and if he were to make the step up he'd be playing for a huge club in all likeliness.

True but I'd still see at least an upper championship team take him back on a whim if he failed. Personally can't see it though. Think he'll be a hit there. 

As someone who follows German football quite closely, the reaction to RB Leipzig has been unbelievably toxic, protests against them at many away games, protests from fans of the club Red Bull bought. Despite it, the money they've got and the young talent they've nabbed could mean they reach the Champions League in the not too distant future.

4 minutes ago, ZiderEyed said:

As someone who follows German football quite closely, the reaction to RB Leipzig has been unbelievably toxic, protests against them at many away games, protests from fans of the club Red Bull bought. Despite it, the money they've got and the young talent they've nabbed could mean they reach the Champions League in the not too distant future.

Did you read the article in 442 a few months back? Very good insight from both sides of the divide, thoroughly enjoyed it.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Did you read the article in 442 a few months back? Very good insight from both sides of the divide, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Rings a bell actually, very interesting scenario when you don't take sides though.

Archived