IGNORED

The Apprentice or Great British Bake Off?

Red Skin

Not spreading any unfounded rumours but with (thankfully) so many new signings coming in, each being courted by the club about how they are wanted and vital to our success, just how is LJ going to keep everyone happy and involved?

Will these players have the suportive attitude toward their team mates or will their desire to play and make their mark - the kind of winning attitude we need - get in the way of this? 

Will we have a squad of players resembling the first week of The Apprentice where their egos are only surpassed by the malice they toward other contenders?  Or will we have the friendly and supportive kind behaviour that we see on Bake Off where the nastiest it get is a quip about a fellow contestant's soggy bottom?

Could be interesting and as much a test for LJ as finding the right combinations on the pitch.

To me LeeJ seems a clever manager who doesn't seem to have any favourites, he seems fair and intelligent. When he makes changes he can justify why and isn't afraid to explain to interviewers who aren't afraid to ask! 

Yes he does keep the core of the team, but I think the players are there on merit. He rests some when he can and when they do play he then expects them to give their all which they seem willing to do. The squad now has been upgraded so competition is fierce, but isn't that how we should have been functioning, players pushing eachother to the limits.

Bake off it is!

3 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

.....might cost a fortune in smashed tea cups.

players with fragile temperaments and ego's could turn the dressing rooms into a version of The Great Pottery Throw Down if not carefully managed..  

Surely in this new age of professionalism these type of players ought to be identified and only permitted to use plastic cups, perhaps those ones with a little spout to drink out of. 

1 hour ago, RedM said:

To me LeeJ seems a clever manager who doesn't seem to have any favourites, he seems fair and intelligent. When he makes changes he can justify why and isn't afraid to explain to interviewers who aren't afraid to ask! 

Yes he does keep the core of the team, but I think the players are there on merit. He rests some when he can and when they do play he then expects them to give their all which they seem willing to do. The squad now has been upgraded so competition is fierce, but isn't that how we should have been functioning, players pushing eachother to the limits.

Bake off it is!

Maybe should have kept Baker?

1 hour ago, Welcome To The Jungle said:

Last season LJ showed he was very willing to mix teams up from one week to the next to best beat the opposition. I think everyone will be involved and it will put real pressure on performances.

That's my hope.  Bit concerned about Tomlin's reaction regarding free kicks.  I can see now why he may have fell out with Eddie Howe.  

We seem to be recruiting players with 'intelligence'.  I hope they are able to adapt to new formations in the game as required.  It almost feels like we need to name more subs to offer more options as the games evolves.  With the loans position changing it would have been useful to extend the number of subs that could be used as this would help players feel involved.

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

.....might cost a fortune in smashed tea cups.

players with fragile temperaments and ego's could turn the dressing rooms into a version of The Great Pottery Throw Down if not carefully managed..  

Maybe some Greek signings then?

Archived