IGNORED

The next 5 games

bissellredhead

9 points from the first 5 games - safe to say that's a great return and above all our expectations.

looking at the next 5 league fixtures what do we expect to gain points wise?

Rotherham (a) W

Sheff Weds (a) L

Derby (h) D

Fulham (a) D

Leeds (h) W

I would be happy with 8 points from the next 5 games, obviously some of it will depend on incomings/outgoings. That'll make 17 points from the first 10 games - quite a solid start. Happy to be proved wrong and we win all 5! 

After a good win, I look at the next few fixtures and think we can win the lot. Lose a couple and I cannot see where our next win is coming from.

We have to go in to the Rotherham game looking to win. Never works out quite that way, but on current form you would hope so. Fulham started well, but the others have started pretty poorly. Derby and Sheffield Wed particularly against their own aspirations. 7-9 points would be decent, and should see us well enough placed.

5 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

No, we've lost every single game apart from the 2-2 draw at AG last season.

Great. First time for everything I suppose.

Although I'm sure I remember us beating them in a League Cup game about 20 years ago. It must have been over two legs because I think we won 2-1 but went out. I was just a kid and don't recall who scored but I remember Hasselbaink being sent off.

14 minutes ago, MichaelRobartes said:

Great. First time for everything I suppose.

Although I'm sure I remember us beating them in a League Cup game about 20 years ago. It must have been over two legs because I think we won 2-1 but went out. I was just a kid and don't recall who scored but I remember Hasselbaink being sent off.

That was never 20yrs ago.surely.i remember it.must be 8or9 years tops.

Games aren't really getting much easier are they? Rotherham and Leeds the only ones I fancy full point returns on. I'd take 2 wins 2 draws and a loss. Though this is why i like the one game at a time approach. Feel confident beating Rotherham. Depending on results could feel the same about SW. Then if we do well the same about Derby and so on. 

Rotherham is must win. (I know at this stage of the season etc.etc....), but we need to be winning against the teams that you'd think will struggle. 

Shelf Weds - happy with a draw, but could win it. Be disappointed to lose.

Derby - think they will have settled by then, so will be a tough game. On starting form, we should be strong enough, but I can see them beating us to be fair 

Fulham - lose. (But beat them in the cup a few days before hand...)

Leeds - under the lights, first home game midweek....city 5-0 Leeds, Ayling o.g. and red card. 

7 - 9 points, (possible 18 in total) not a bad return going into October.

2 hours ago, hodge said:

Rotherham (A) - W

Sheffield Wednesday (A) - W

Derby (H) - L

Fulham (A) - L

Leeds (H) - W

Another 9 points so would be 18 from 10, 72 from 40 at that rate so......

Rotherham - W

Sheff Wednesday - D

Derby - W 

Fulham - D

Leeds - W 

11 points and cement us in top 6

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

I can see 3 wins from that lot! I think that's  too. Leeds well, say no more! Derby have made a poor start and so have Rotherham.

Fulham is the only team I wouldn't be confident against.

Rotherham always tough at home... wouldn't be a shock losing there.Leeds n Derby at home,both very winnable.. would be happy with 7 points from the next 5 games.would represent a very solid start.

It's hard to see more than 8 points from those 5 games but who knows. If we hit top form then 12 wouldn't be impossible. 

I can't see us getting anything away in Sheffield. 

Need to win at Rotherham to get the ball rolling, otherwise it could be 0-2 points from the 5. 

The Championship really is impossible to predict! 

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

It's hard to see more than 8 points from those 5 games but who knows. If we hit top form then 12 wouldn't be impossible. 

I can't see us getting anything away in Sheffield. 

Need to win at Rotherham to get the ball rolling, otherwise it could be 0-2 points from the 5. 

The Championship really is impossible to predict! 

You`re right there mate, best league to watch IMO. You never know what`s going to happen next. We`re just as likely to let in four at Rotherham and beat Wednesday as the other way round. Love it!

Archived