IGNORED

My take on deadline day & the transfer window in general.

Tipps69

First of all, what a great window we have just had, bringing in so many players that are better than what was already here, so gone are the days where we seem to strengthening our weakest player & we are now affecting the first 11 & not just with players that will be affective for 2 or 3 years but players who will be able to sign another contract for us & still have room to improve or get moved on at a profit.

Plus those players who have now been deemed surplus to requirements have been moved on for what seems like a profit which has been unheard of at this club for far to long & we've actually managed to turn a profit in a transfer window.

I think another massive bonus is that we haven't really lost anyone of importance, with rumours floating about that AF, MP & LF could all of been on their way, we managed to keep them & while we may of managed to cope if MP & LF had left, there is no doubt that the squad is stronger for having kept them & as for AF leaving, that would have been a disaster, so well done to the club for managing to keep the core of the squad here.

As for JK leaving, what a great bit of business, if rumours are to be believed, his head had been turned & he wanted out. SL's previous statement about not selling to another Championship club was probably said in the hope of scaring clubs off & the £10m fee was probably the same but let's be honest, who actually thought JK was worth £10m?? Not me, so the offer of a possible £14m but a guaranteed £11m & done to how the club wanted tha payments is outstanding business for someone who hasn't scored this season & clearly wanted to leave!!

Now on to deadline day, the signing of a 20 year-old full international for a very fair fee seems again like great business & those that are moaning that he's come from a rubbish standard & how he won't do the business here, how do you know? With better players around him & opposition not knowing his game (ala JK last season), he could hit the ground running & score for fun, give the lad a chance!!

Those that say Joe Mason wasn't worth the £5m bid, that's what Wolves paid for him, so we were trying to get him for no extra money but what was clear is that we were trying to get extra forwards in & I've got to be honest, I'd much rather we kept the money & start scouting for possible targets to get in in January & knowing that we now have funds available gives us all something to look forward to.

We are much stronger now as a team & a club than we were at the end of last season & the future looks very bright too.

Archived