IGNORED

Trying to hard?!

SCANTS-CTID

It's a Fact we Will miss Jimmy!everyone seems like they are trying to hard to pick out the points they didn't like about his play so they can move on easier I guess! his pace, his trickery and his eye for goal(when he's onside) so to all those 'fans' pretending there glad to see him gone, grow up! We knew from the start we would be a stepping stone in his Career, he came, scored 20 goals and kept us in the championship, that's all we can ask, and to all those 'fans' sulking that we sold him, you also need to grow up and realise it's part and parcel of football, his dream is to play in the premier league, he obviously saw Villa as the team for promotion this season! 

So heres to Jimmy, we wish you all the best(unless your against us!! Then you can stay offside)

ok rant over, let's enjoy the season ! 

You can't predict the season kodjia would have had with us...but we can take the money from Villa based on last year's goals. Good luck to him, we are in no position in the age of FFP to turn any significant transfer fee down. We have lost a selfish but exciting player, but still have an unfit magician in Tomlin. We have a squad that should finish mid table. Onwards and upwards, good luck to kodjia; villa fans will not be patient.

At the start of the season I suspect that  Kodjia was the one player they did not want to leave.

Now he's gone, with the knowledge that he wanted away, the fee that Villa paid, and that Tammy has hit the ground running the "blow" of his leaving is considerably softened .

That's not the same as fans  wanting him to leave or being pleased he's gone.

I'm with the OP. I think many are picking out all the things he did wrong to excuse the fact he's gone. The club sold him for large money to a bigger club. That's ok. He was brilliant while he was here and the squad will miss him. He could've been better but he was good enough to be worth £15m so I'd say he's a huge loss. Its OK to say that. 

Players come, players go. 

To me it's all part of supporting your local club. 

Think the last player I was gutted about leaving was Scotty. And even he was back within a year. 

Maybe we're losing connections with players these days, maybe it's because I've lost friends and family close to me so I can't muster up enough sadness with what is only the loss of a football player to another football team. 

Maybe it's a bit of all of the above that I just can't feel bitter when a player leaves.

All this could be tested if someone was to come in for Flint though!

47 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Gavin.....now there was a player who started like kaka but ended up as you say like Marco. Couldn't believe how much that bloke improved. Hope some of our youngsters can follow that trajectory.

45 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

He had that knack of going past players without ever seeming to have to run.

Gavin was absolutely brilliant during that 1989-1990 promotion season. He was able to beat players so effortlessly. A joy to watch.

1 hour ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

It's a Fact we Will miss Jimmy!everyone seems like they are trying to hard to pick out the points they didn't like about his play so they can move on easier I guess! his pace, his trickery and his eye for goal(when he's onside) so to all those 'fans' pretending there glad to see him gone, grow up! We knew from the start we would be a stepping stone in his Career, he came, scored 20 goals and kept us in the championship, that's all we can ask, and to all those 'fans' sulking that we sold him, you also need to grow up and realise it's part and parcel of football, his dream is to play in the premier league, he obviously saw Villa as the team for promotion this season! 

So heres to Jimmy, we wish you all the best(unless your against us!! Then you can stay offside)

Fair play Jon . Your English has certainly improved since you first came here

Welcome to the site 

.Great season that he had at least we can watch his progress and make our own judgement as to 15mill wow!!!

The only player in my lifetime that I thought f... what could he have done for us was Paul Cheesley.

Could play of either foot was so strong head a ball for sure.

His time had not nearly arrived when Shilton took him out with a keeper challenge feet first in mid air.

Only our second game in div 1. He was on a par at least with Paul Mariner who played 20 plus for England I think.

So as an old t... it will always be how good could the Cheese have been?

10 hours ago, SCANTS-CTID said:

If he had stayed and was willing to fit in with the new influx of players that would have been great. A shame he's gone but very pleased with the price.

Apart from always being offside. 

He was always smiling. Far too casual for me... I prefer them frowning. 

His goal celebrations were annoying to the point that I wished he'd stop scoring. 

Oh and I thought this English wasn't good enough for this level. 

What's more, he said nice things about villa when he joined them, so he obviously didn't really like us. 

Archived