IGNORED

Land for Ashton Vale stadium that never was

Acton Red

What is happening to the land that was purchased but never used. I assume Mr Lansdown is going to build lots of houses on the half not claimed by the dog walkers, and hopefully make a tidy profit for his risk taking and investment?. I am sure this has been covered, and if someone can point me to the relevant thread.

Even with our amazing new stadium I am still annoyed at what happened. Why can't I move on?

1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Mud Experimental Station, or Mess for short.

Bristol Council's latest environmental dream - turning foul smelling Avon mud into an alternate fuel.

Bristol Council's latest environmental dream - turning foul smelling Avon mud into an alternate fuel.

that is a joke, right?

Forget the AV Nimby's - you'll have Greenpeace and other environmental groups on your case if you start trying to remove the Avon mud!!!!

2 minutes ago, Scrumpty said:

Nope, details here http://www.thenakedscientists.com/HTML/science-news/news/1053/

Mud in the Avon was found to be full of energy producing microbiotics.

So Bristol City council are going to run and experimental "power from mud" station,on the land that was purchased for our stadium that never was?!

Some really good suggestions so far, particularly the ice skating lions, but honestly there are acres of prime development land that I recollect the club or mr lansdown or someone got planning permission for. Has he sold it? Are we going to build a training ground there?

48 minutes ago, pritcm said:

Some really good suggestions so far, particularly the ice skating lions, but honestly there are acres of prime development land that I recollect the club or mr lansdown or someone got planning permission for. Has he sold it? Are we going to build a training ground there?

I'm sure there are plans  in place but if they don't concern the club or Bristol Sport directly then we might not know anytime soon. Land with outline planning permission doesn't lose its value and Steve Lansdown isn't short of a few quid at the moment so he may choose to sit on it (not literally) as a diversified investment. I personally like to think that he's planning something wonderful to repay the efforts of all the village green activists for their efforts to  protect an ex-landfill site.

2 hours ago, Lord Northski said:

Would be the ideal place for a Travellers site (plenty of work locally). Huge great big one + every year the country's other travellers can meet up on the UK's largest Village Green for a week long horse fair. 

Perhaps the local people might like to get involved with them in some way. 

wait, you want Rovers to move onto Ashton Vale? 

urgh, no thanks. 

Archived