IGNORED

Marlon signs new two year deal (Merged)

bigbash

1 hour ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

I 'm delighted this has been confirmed and we can all welcome Marlon into the 'OTIB Club of Redemption' - joining Flint , Bryan and Reid in not being good enough to play at this level.

I particularly look forward to the additional membership of Luke Freeman who I'm sure will follow.

He has had over a season to prove it. He hasn't. Needs to be sold.

2 hours ago, MyBrotherErnie said:

Always reminded me of LJ in the sense that he's always played his heart out for us, but has received unjustified criticism. Let's hope he carries on improving!

Don't actually recall LJ playing his heart out ever. Certainly not in terms of chasing back or putting his foot in. Not a LJ bash but no comparison in my opinion. Great news for City this.

Pleased. I get the sense he's a popular member of the sqaud and plays a part in them being a tight bunch.  Only 25 as well - as someone else said he's not even in his prime yet.  Maybe needs to add goals to his game, but does the defensive part as good as anyone else in our current midfield crop for me.  LJ has certainly got the best out of him.

2 hours ago, BarmyArmy said:

He has had over a season to prove it. He hasn't. Needs to be sold.

I think you'll find that despite Pack's obvious talent and ability to affect a game since coming from Cheltenham is that the fan jury has been out or near hostile for 2 seasons until now.

In respect to Luke, he has had one season where he has clearly struggled, yet another where he created the highest assists during our Double season. Lee Johnson clearly sees something you and others don't. Like poor little Bobby - who's not big enough and L2 Plymouth is where he "found his level".

Players develop at different stages. Luke is still only 24 and still developing. I'd have been really disappointed if he had been sold and think we still need him around or in the team.

Every season since O'Driscoll took over we've had a surprise package in a player raising their game beyond fan's expectation and verdict and I'm pretty sure Luke is capable of becoming one of them.

Excellent news.

As all have said, he's a terrific player that is ever improving with his best years well ahead of him.

It takes someone that understands football to understand just how good he is and how good he can be. He reminds me a lot of Michael Carrick.

Gary O'Neil, Marlon Pack, Korey Smith, Bobby Reid, Josh Brownhill can all play CM however you'd imagine that the first 3 will play and rotate throughout the season.

Archived