IGNORED

They found him -

Fiale

10 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Philae has been found, just a few weeks before the Rosetta mission finally ends - yes Rosetta has been orbiting that comet all this time (2 years).

CrmLvenWAAA2f-D.png

CrmMrmzWYAAHOnV.jpg

Absolutely brilliant - thanks for posting this.

We spend an awful lot of time on these threads spouting our own ideas and belittling anyone who dares to disagree with us - and I'm as bad as anyone - but that little image at the bottom is very humbling. I might on occasions think I'm a very clever bastard - but there are people out there who are really clever - people who can achieve this. Puts me in perspective.... might even shut me up for an hour or two!

28 minutes ago, Renaissance Dolman said:

Absolutely brilliant - thanks for posting this.

We spend an awful lot of time on these threads spouting our own ideas and belittling anyone who dares to disagree with us - and I'm as bad as anyone - but that little image at the bottom is very humbling. I might on occasions think I'm a very clever bastard - but there are people out there who are really clever - people who can achieve this. Puts me in perspective.... might even shut me up for an hour or two!

Just find it amazing that Rosetta is still orbiting and following this comet - it's mission is almost at a end so they are doing a controlled descent/crash onto the comet to get even better / closer images. Then Rosetta and Philae will be sat on this comet speeding though space well after we (not just you and me, but possibly humans as a race) are long gone.... it's humbling and sobering and well.. amazing.

CrmaGGdWcAArrOw.png

CpLTJNrWIAADzmN.jpg

Co2vQmFWIAEoE4H.jpg

Blows my mind this kind of stuff. How we got that little piece of equipment on there in the first place just ***** my head

My 10 year old has inherited my geeky space/planet/how big/how far/how fast/how hot/how cold side. We have some brilliant conversations and spend loads of time googling stuff like this

I'm defo working on something like this if I get another crack at life, if my brain can keep up

An incredible achievement, made me cry when it went to sleep…

Another thing that made me cry was when they found Beagle 2…they poo-pooed and vilified Colin Pillinger with his Bristolian accent but had to eat their words (unfortunately after he had died). Top man.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/11351058/Beagle-2-probe-find-rewrites-history-and-vindicates-Colin-Pillinger.html

Archived