IGNORED

Jonny Smith goal Cheltenham Res v Newport Res

cheshire_red

6 hours ago, Nomad said:

Great goal but why is he playing in the reserves (unless he needs the match fitness)?

28 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Why's he playing in Cheltenhams reserves when he could be playing in ours?

They take him on loan and then make a better judgment on his ability.  Just cos he's on loan doesn't mean he has to play.  Robinson was on loan with us last season and didn't play.  

He needs to show he is good enough. 

8 hours ago, RedDave said:

They take him on loan and then make a better judgment on his ability.  Just cos he's on loan doesn't mean he has to play.  Robinson was on loan with us last season and didn't play.  

He needs to show he is good enough. 

No reason there couldn't have been a clause like Tammy has to guarantee games. If he is going to sit in the reserves he'd be better off back here or on loan at a lower level with competitive games.

He's not had any minutes in their last two league games. Clearly if that continues it all becomes a bit pointless from his point of view.

Maybe GJ needed to see a bit more from him. Maybe they need to be a bit more solid while they get a foothold in the league. 

Goals like that won't do his chances any harm.

4 hours ago, Nomad said:

No reason there couldn't have been a clause like Tammy has to guarantee games. If he is going to sit in the reserves he'd be better off back here or on loan at a lower level with competitive games.

Has it actually ever been confirmed that such a clause exists in the Tammy Abraham deal?

I know a lot of us suspect something of this nature was agreed, but does anyone actually know?

5 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

Has it actually ever been confirmed that such a clause exists in the Tammy Abraham deal?

I know a lot of us suspect something of this nature was agreed, but does anyone actually know?

The TA thread mentions that LJ alluded to the fact. I've not heard it outright.

6 hours ago, Coxy27 said:

MA and LJ spoke about this. Basically, if Tammy doesn't play enough games we can be charged a loan fee or he can be recalled. That's the short version anyway but yes, Tammy playing benefits us financially and squad size. 

Archived