IGNORED

Where will Paterson play ?

Ashtonwurzel

12 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

O.K. makes sense, to be fair Freeman has done well so far this season. I fully expected him to be one of the casualties of the "group upgrade".

I heard a rumour during the summer that Freeman wanted out, so wouldn't disagree with the above statement

Lets hope Paterson is an upgrade, can't say he's someone I can remember seeing live either

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I heard a rumour during the summer that Freeman wanted out, so wouldn't disagree with the above statement

Lets hope Paterson is an upgrade, can't say he's someone I can remember seeing live either

Apparently he was all set to sign for someone else but just couldn't bring himself to put his signature in the box.

He kept turning the pen this way, then that way, rolling it about, then running down a blind alley with it, but just refused to put it in the box, despite several opportunities :whistle:

6 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Apparently he was all set to sign for someone else but just couldn't bring himself to put his signature in the box.

He kept turning the pen this way, then that way, rolling it about, then running down a blind alley with it, but just refused to put it in the box, despite several opportunities :whistle:

He did step over lots of obstacles to get in that position though....

If I was Luke Freeman reading this stuff, I think I'd be a little hacked off.  He was outstanding in the promotion season, and as far as I'm concerned has always given 100%.  He may have struggled to adapt to the Championship, but I agree with the poster who feels he has been ok so far this season.  Is there really any need for the sarcasm and derision towards a player who has, at times, been outstanding for us, and who was one of the stars of our promotion campaign?

5 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

If I was Luke Freeman reading this stuff, I think I'd be a little hacked off.  He was outstanding in the promotion season, and as far as I'm concerned has always given 100%.  He may have struggled to adapt to the Championship, but I agree with the poster who feels he has been ok so far this season.  Is there really any need for the sarcasm and derision towards a player who has, at times, been outstanding for us, and who was one of the stars of our promotion campaign?

I've felt for Freeman over the last few games, some left footed players thrive playing on the right side, LF isn't one of those though, play him on the left or central and we get the best out of him.

29 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

same reason people derided williams, people need a scape goat, it's currently Freeman, He isn't good enough at this level, he is young enough to improve but he isn't good enough, he gives 100% and I support his efforts on the pitch, I feel we have better options but I'm not the manager,

Still he's part of the squad and we should support him every time he is picked, won't stop people have a right old moan,

35 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sadly all those outstanding times were in League one which is clearly his level.

55 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Unfortunately 120 years of sentiment has achieved us precisely fark all!

As and when opportunities present themselves to improve the squad, a players contribution two seasons ago shouldn't even enter into the conversation. 

And frankly I expect he doesn't give two shits what I say about him on a forum. He's probably laughing at me whilst looking at his bank balance :) 

46 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Unfortunately 120 years of sentiment has achieved us precisely fark all!

As and when opportunities present themselves to improve the squad, a players contribution two seasons ago shouldn't even enter into the conversation. 

And frankly I expect he doesn't give two shits what I say about him on a forum. He's probably laughing at me whilst looking at his bank balance :) 

Sorry mate, I try to be tolerant of all opinions on this forum, but in a single posting you've managed to encapsulate just about everything that I think is wrong with football today.  Sill, clearly the modern 'disposal' game suits some people, but frankly I'd like to think there was more than just a ruthless quest for fame, success and money.  In May 2015 Luke Freeman was one of our best assets; now some fans think they are qualified to write him off and ridicule him on this forum.  I think that is desperately sad.

19 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

For anyone unsure what Paterson is capable of on his day, I refer you to this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25539803

I remember watching that day and he really did tear West Ham a new one, I believe he was playing wide, off Halford up top. Exciting player, and agree with the previous posters that he will play in the wide positions.

Highlights.

42 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Sorry mate, I try to be tolerant of all opinions on this forum, but in a single posting you've managed to encapsulate just about everything that I think is wrong with football today.  Sill, clearly the modern 'disposal' game suits some people, but frankly I'd like to think there was more than just a ruthless quest for fame, success and money.  In May 2015 Luke Freeman was one of our best assets; now some fans think they are qualified to write him off and ridicule him on this forum.  I think that is desperately sad.

Are you having a bad day? I made a light hearted comment about the frustrating side to his game and your acting like I've tried to kill him! 

Freeman played almost every minute last season and remind me how many assists our playmaker managed? 

When we are considering our recruitment, why should we not consider improving upon him because he was good in a different division? In case you missed it, we're not in that division any more so his achievements in it are absolutely irrelevant now.

Agard was one of our best assets in L1 but it didn't stop us bringing Kodjia in did it. Life goes on. 

As for 'everything that's wrong with modern football' - give me a break. Players are mercenaries who will move on at the drop of a hat if the wage packet is better. 

Why should I feel some completely misplaced sense of loyalty to an individual player? As much as we like to put players on a pedestal, by and large they're just club employees who feel nothing towards the club. 

I for one am glad that we now have competition for places. Perhaps certain players will dig a little deeper now that they're not guaranteed a starting place. 

Cotterills blind faith in under performing individuals cost him his job and very nearly sent us crashing back into L1 with a 27,000 white elephant, so I'm personally pleased that LJ is looking to improve the squad. 

12 hours ago, Super said:

Sadly all those outstanding times were in League one which is clearly his level.

Re Freeman, I just came across this when looking at something else - Freeman highlights from the promotion season. I've still not given up on him at this level. If you look at those highlights he was far more direct/played it quicker than some games in the championship when he has been criticised. I still think it is a confidence issue and his performance levels could improve as has happened with a few others. Of course he also played more centrally in the promotion season.

18 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

There's one thing for sure,Luke Freeman certainly divides opinion.the simple view he has struggled to adapt to Championship football post being one of our best players-and this season is showing that he is getting to grips with it.clearly been making the effort/sticking with it and we as City fans should back that.and after all,its a squad game now more than ever...

Problem with Freeman at this level is that he still wants to hold on to the ball for far too long.

City will break quickly, pass the ball out wide to Freeman, who will then differ, not sure whether to beat the man or come inside. By this time the defence has had chance to organise itself and the quick break has ground to a halt. 

Time and time again this happened this season. 

Archived