IGNORED

Speeding Ticket Villa game

bakes

2 hours ago, kevthered said:

Went on speed awareness course back in July, I am a self employed courier and HGV driver ...In my opinion Bristol is one of the worse Cities to drive around...these low life's who report drivers going 35 mph in a 30 mph is beyond belief..If I get caught speeding and get a fine then fair enough but it's the points that are unfair it don't take much to get a ban and my living is down the pan...Easy answer is don't speed but in reality it don't take much to get caught out just a few seconds of not concentrating. 

Really? Low life's?

And a points system, I mean how many more 'strikes' do you want? I mean if a person has accumulated 9 points and got caught again not sure why anyone should have any sympathies. I certainly would not. 

On 07/09/2016 at 21:47, Robbored said:

I think it was introduced by Ferguson so say to protect the children to and from school. That and his ridiculous residential parking strategy cost him re-election.

**** of the highest order was Red Trousers.

Anyone that describes getting a speeding ticket as "liberating" needs help................

There's a speed trap most mornings on Cumberland road in the 20mph zone during rush hour,  the second you go around the left hand bend onto it there's motorbike parked on the right with the camera mounted on his back box ... Very easy to miss and not notice ... 

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've never been caught speeding, but I am a fan of those 'police, camera ACTION!' shows that present clips of police chases and car crashes.

Just wondering if the clips they show on these courses are better than the ones on the telly.

Might be worth putting my foot down if they are.

I remember watching one of those a couple of years ago, the copper pulled someone onto a lay-by on a dual carriage way and did him for speeding. Then when he had finished he said to the guy. "Be careful when you pull out of the lay-by mind, they go like stink along here"! 

2 hours ago, GILLI said:

There's a speed trap most mornings on Cumberland road in the 20mph zone during rush hour,  the second you go around the left hand bend onto it there's motorbike parked on the right with the camera mounted on his back box ... Very easy to miss and not notice ... 

Can't be much of a rush hour at 20mph .

8 hours ago, Doozerchris said:

Has this always been the case ? I got done in January 2015 and it was at least 5 weeks before it dropped through the door .

Yes. It absolutely must be served within 14 days. 

Dont get me wrong, you can still pay it, but if you appeal then they have to drop it. 

11 hours ago, kevthered said:

Went on speed awareness course back in July, I am a self employed courier and HGV driver ...In my opinion Bristol is one of the worse Cities to drive around...these low life's who report drivers going 35 mph in a 30 mph is beyond belief..If I get caught speeding and get a fine then fair enough but it's the points that are unfair it don't take much to get a ban and my living is down the pan...Easy answer is don't speed but in reality it don't take much to get caught out just a few seconds of not concentrating. 

I don't my course a few weeks back, got done in perronpit lane going out of frampton Cotterill and that def used to be 40 mph zone, I was doing 36 and got done by a mobile copper.

thry said on my course that all evidence says that since the 20mph limits have been introduced  the traffic flows better in those areas at busy times.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

Yes. It absolutely must be served within 14 days. 

Dont get me wrong, you can still pay it, but if you appeal then they have to drop it. 

Unless it's a company vehicle. I tried to say that I wasn't informed in time, only to be told that because it's a company vehicle that rule is exempt, as they are waiting on the company to feed back information. 

53 minutes ago, RedorDead BCFC said:

Unless it's a company vehicle. I tried to say that I wasn't informed in time, only to be told that because it's a company vehicle that rule is exempt, as they are waiting on the company to feed back information. 

Yes. Absolutely. Correct. 

13 hours ago, fanjita said:

Motorcyclists can go as fast as they like whilst approaching a camera without getting caught, no number plate on the front, cars do have plates on the front.

Not anymore , the speed camera vans in Gloucestershire now have cameras pointing in both directions so they get you both ways and motorbikes when they pass. Certainly the one that parks near my house does as i went and had a nose at it when it was there the other week. The forward facing camera goes above front passenger seat and looks out of windscreen. So be vigilant everyone this lot can you get you all ways now.

30 minutes ago, kevthered said:

Typical **** response Mr perfect

Nothing perfect here; I don't have a clean licence and I don't profess to stick to the speed limits either, but seriously we have 12 points to play with?! Use 'em up blame yourself. 

On 8 September 2016 at 16:53, Slippin cider said:

I was doing 20mph the other day in moving traffic and was overtaken by a wood pigeon !!! ....I can understand 20 zones outside of schools, old people's homes etc but it's getting beyond a joke when you're crawling along and the local wildlife are going faster!! 

My cheetah got done for breaking 70 on the M5.

Honest.

The 20mph zones did feel painfully slow - until you got used to em. We've been at 30 our whole lives so it naturally takes time to adjust and recalibrate our brains. It's 33% slower, which is obviously the same as dropping from 60 to 40...Big difference !

Perhaps 25 would have been more sensible but I'm assuming there's some very good reason why they can't do 5's. Maybe we aren't perceived intelligent enough to cope with the delineation from tens, or perhaps  our eye sight is deemed unfit to read the small numbers on the dials...?

Saying that - bizarrely enough - I did see a 25mph limit somewhere very recently (had to do a treble-take) although can't for the life of me remember where. 

I used to get frustrated like everyone else but now a relaxing calm comes over me and I enjoy the serenity of it all. I sometimes choose to ride my bike instead now as I can average more than 20 on two wheels so that's a good thing. And also, being a parent or young children, I applaud the extra safety. 

The one thing I would say though, is that it plays into the hands of the mobile cameras big time, as the limits seem to chop and change so erratically that is hard to keep track of it all. 

1 hour ago, Leveller said:

My cheetah got done for breaking 70 on the M5.

Honest.

Were you in the slow lane at the time? Can't believe the speed people are doing in the slow lane, I have to do 80 or 90 to get past them. 

In the interests of balance can I just say that BMW drivers who cruise at 110 on the motorway, tailgate people who are legitimately using the third lane of the motorway, and generally behave like they own the road, deserve everything they get. If these speed cameras catch a few of those people, fine by me.

And if you can't be bothered to indicate left at a roundabout, you also deserve a ticket. Your laziness and selfishness stops roundabouts from working properly and holds other people up...though I suspect you don't care.

Oh and if you cruise in the middle lane of the motorway with nothing on the inside lane, you can have a ticket too.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

I had cause to ring 101 yesterday, guess what the first option is on their call menu - report a speeding motorist... says it all about Avon & Somerset priorities. I would welcome the day we get a police commissioner candidate who says they will take 90% of the funding spent on persecuting motorists and realign it to tackling anti-social behaviour, vandalism and theft.

As i live outside the area i was not aware of these 20 mph zones it was 30 mph last season which was the last time i drove down Cumberland Road.

I can not recall seeing a 20 mph sign but will have a look at the Derby game.

It took me 4 days to get through to the number on the letter for advise to fill out the form as i was driving my sons car.

I find it amazing how we have police from a different force policing the football while Avon and Somerset police are setting these soft target mobile camera traps.

3 points for traveling 27 mph is crazy surely a fine would be enough.

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

In the interests of balance can I just say that BMW drivers who cruise at 110 on the motorway, tailgate people who are legitimately using the third lane of the motorway, and generally behave like they own the road, deserve everything they get. If these speed cameras catch a few of those people, fine by me.

And if you can't be bothered to indicate left at a roundabout, you also deserve a ticket. Your laziness and selfishness stops roundabouts from working properly and holds other people up...though I suspect you don't care.

Oh and if you cruise in the middle lane of the motorway with nothing on the inside lane, you can have a ticket too.

Sorry...just had to get that off my chest.

you forgot indicating after hitting the brakes

Sorry to dissapoint but I believe speed limits should be adhered to, although it has yet to be proved to me that 20 m.p.h. has reduced accidents and the severity of outcomes of accidents.

I live in a village that has a 40 m.p.h. speed limit that is flouted by i would image 50% of drivers. There is probably at least one accident at a T junction every week and it is sometimes hair raisin when exiting the house driveway onto the main road due to the road visibility either way. As I expect drivers to comply with the speed limit going past my house then naturally I will adhere to all speed limits.

They are there for a reason so just stick to them. No points, no fines, relaxed considerate driving that get you to your journeys end maybe 5 minutes later than tear assing about and being stressed.

32 minutes ago, redysteadygo said:

Sorry to dissapoint but I believe speed limits should be adhered to, although it has yet to be proved to me that 20 m.p.h. has reduced accidents and the severity of outcomes of accidents.

I live in a village that has a 40 m.p.h. speed limit that is flouted by i would image 50% of drivers. There is probably at least one accident at a T junction every week and it is sometimes hair raisin when exiting the house driveway onto the main road due to the road visibility either way. As I expect drivers to comply with the speed limit going past my house then naturally I will adhere to all speed limits.

They are there for a reason so just stick to them. No points, no fines, relaxed considerate driving that get you to your journeys end maybe 5 minutes later than tear assing about and being stressed.

Thank you officer for the lecture. Now, how to identify the Lycra clad maniacs who hurtle along at 30mph. No sound as they approach........silent assassins.

3 hours ago, bakes said:

As i live outside the area i was not aware of these 20 mph zones it was 30 mph last season which was the last time i drove down Cumberland Road.

I can not recall seeing a 20 mph sign but will have a look at the Derby game.

It took me 4 days to get through to the number on the letter for advise to fill out the form as i was driving my sons car.

It's definitely there mate, only for a short stretch of road between the Nova Scotia and the McColls near the footbridge...presumably this has been introduced because the road runs alongside a temporary worksite. That spot by the Cottage is a regular haunt of the Mobile Speed Camera.

I don't know how visible they have to be, the one that caught me was properly hidden out of view on a bend in the road behind a bigger vehicle...the problem is, it's hard to get away from the fact that wherever the cameras are you wont get caught if you're careful with your speed. A bit different in your case as you clearly thought you were in a 30.

If it gets offered take the course, sit there with 25 other people, nod every so often and don't do what most people on my course decided to do...argue the toss every 5 mins about why we can just run cyclists off the road when they get irritating.

Archived