IGNORED

Ref on Saturday from Yorkshire?

A Darkwood Red

35 minutes ago, A Darkwood Red said:

Was meant to be an observation, based on the arguments made after the Newcastle match. I don't doubt the refs impartiality just the league's decision making 

What? Their decision making on appointing an impartial referee who lives nearer Rotherham than Bristol? Hold the front page :).

Seriously though I think competence and consistency are much more of a real problem at our level. For example, it really grinds my gears when a second bookable offence is committed (often worse than the booking offence) and the refs bottle giving a second yellow.

4 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

What? Their decision making on appointing an impartial referee who lives nearer Rotherham than Bristol? Hold the front page :).

Seriously though I think competence and consistency are much more of a real problem at our level. For example, it really grinds my gears when a second bookable offence is committed (often worse than the booking offence) and the refs bottle giving a second yellow.

Completely agree, hopefully the new professional contracts for 2nd tier refs will lead to an improvement in both ability and consistency. Just hope it's sooner rather than later. 

Archived