IGNORED

Why doesn't the club do this?

screech

With apps like periscope, direct feeds sites like youtube and Twitch it's so damned easy to stream things. Anyone can be up and running in minutes with something as basic as a mobile phone and internet connection, if you want better then a decent camera and laptop. 

I imagine the club want something that looks professional, but even that should not to be difficult seeing as we have a media department... would be nice to have it live on youtube... this is Jackson, live from a small camera, beaming acorss the world via youtube 24 hours a day seven days a week.

That is the weirdest thing.  Just clicked on the Ja

2 hours ago, Fiale said:

With apps like periscope, direct feeds sites like youtube and Twitch it's so damned easy to stream things. Anyone can be up and running in minutes with something as basic as a mobile phone and internet connection, if you want better then a decent camera and laptop. 

I imagine the club want something that looks professional, but even that should not to be difficult seeing as we have a media department... would be nice to have it live on youtube... this is Jackson, live from a small camera, beaming acorss the world via youtube 24 hours a day seven days a week.

That is the weirdest thing.  Just clicked on the Jackson Hole town square live cam to see 4 policemen doing press-up in the middle of the street.   (Screen shot below).  At least they weren't out killing young black me I suppose.  :whistle:

Rewind to time below to see it yourself.  They then disappear off in different directions.  Quite funny really.  Must be working off those donuts on a quiet night. 

Weird.png

11 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

That is the weirdest thing.  Just clicked on the Jackson Hole town square live cam to see 4 policemen doing press-up in the middle of the street.   (Screen shot below).  At least they weren't out killing young black me I suppose.  :whistle:

Rewind to time below to see it yourself.  They then disappear off in different directions.  Quite funny really.  Must be working off those donuts on a quiet night. 

Weird.png

There's a young, black you?

2 hours ago, phantom said:

It will all come in time, but just because we are not the first to do it doesn't mean we won't in time

I think you are right. Sometimes it good to be first and lead the way, but there's also something to be said of watching and learning from others. See what they do right or wrong and then you don't have to do all the groundwork yourself. Be better, but not necessarily the first.

3 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Weird.png

I saw 2 police officers on mountain bikes talking to some young men by that crossing, some guy comes out of the shop, head down walks towards them, raises his head, sees the cops and does a instant 180 and heads the other way... now I am not  saying hes a drug dealing mass murder... but...

• Admin
2 hours ago, RedM said:

I think you are right. Sometimes it good to be first and lead the way, but there's also something to be said of watching and learning from others. See what they do right or wrong and then you don't have to do all the groundwork yourself. Be better, but not necessarily the first.

A perfect example of this is the trying to get wifi in the concourses around the ground - believe there are numerous problems with this roll out

7 hours ago, Fiale said:

I think it's worth investigating these  advancements but I would like tone see them do something more basic like finish constructing the Academy website which seems to have been unfinished for ages now.

32 minutes ago, phantom said:

A perfect example of this is the trying to get wifi in the concourses around the ground - believe there are numerous problems with this roll out

I'd forgotten about wifi at the ground. I don't think people mind testing things as long as they understand it's being trialed and there probably will be problems. To roll something out when there is just issue after issue, especially if it's something that is paid for or relied on is another thing, frustrations all round. 

10 hours ago, Red Army Faction said:

Weird.png

The hot air balloon trip I had at Jackson Hole was weird. Due to the surrounding mountains and hills and the prevailing thermals after the hour flight we landed back at the exact spot we took off from and had our champagne breakfast.

17 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Adam Baker is great however I feel his hands are somewhat tied. There are so many media opportunities we don't take advantage of.

How can his hands be tied if other clubs do it?

He's Head of Media, so no one here is holding him back. If Brentford do it, there can't be copyright issues.

4 minutes ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

How can his hands be tied if other clubs do it?

He's Head of Media, so no one here is holding him back. If Brentford do it, there can't be copyright issues.

Also doesn't explain why the answer when something isn't ideal is to give up. Why do we have a 'Bristol City v Brighton' gallery permanently on the mobile site homepage? Why do we still have a 'New Kit 2015/16' image prominent on the mobile site?

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Presumably we are trialling this as part of SLs involvement in a company developing this?

http://mobilemarketingmagazine.com/hangreaves-landsdown-founder-backs-plan-for-stadium-wi-fi/

Archived