IGNORED

Watching the Old Firm derby?

reddogkev

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People will predictably say Scottish football is 'rubbish' etc but it's probably the best atmosphere and biggest Derby in Britain.

I will watch if I can get it on TV, is it on Bt?

Nope, just checked and it's on Sky Sports.  BT are showing the conference game Dover v Forest Green.

Think they do have Liverpool v Leicester at 5.

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

People will predictably say Scottish football is 'rubbish' etc but it's probably the best atmosphere and biggest Derby in Britain.

I will watch if I can get it on TV, is it on Bt?

All 3 points are probably correct. 

1- Scottish football is rubbish and the standard of this fixture is poor. 

2- It probably will be the best atmosphere anywhere this weekend. 

3- It probably is the fiercest Derby match in Britain, especially now, after Rangers' lower league exile. I just wonder if it might be a complete mismatch. If it is then it could get quite nasty as players make up for shortcomings by not wanting to lose face infront of their supporters. 

4 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Given both games are on Sky you'd think they could have made it so you didn't have to choose between this game and the Premier League game. 

yeah, considering they seem to dictate pretty much everything footy related, you'd have thought they'd change KO times! maybe they tried and someone had the danglers to stand to them? 

5 minutes ago, Nube Rojo said:

yeah, considering they seem to dictate pretty much everything footy related, you'd have thought they'd change KO times! maybe they tried and someone had the danglers to stand to them? 

More likely the police and limiting drinking time ??

Yep , going to be glued, naturally !

Got to say it is bad planning that both the Old Firm & Manc derby kick off at similar times. Realise the O.B. want early kick offs, but surely one could have gone back 24 hours ?

Sky's main game tomorrow is Swansea (FFS !) v Chelsea !  

Note : just seen above post !

Unbelievably bad by Sky , I'm surprised as they usually spread their games better. I guess the Police may have had a hand in the times of games.

Would love to see Rangers nick it but Celtic are a way ahead in terms of team building. I think Celtic need a strong Rangers team to push them as well, Aberdeen not there yet. . I really believe Warburton can make them successful again but it will take time.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I just wonder if it might be a complete mismatch. If it is then it could get quite nasty as players make up for shortcomings by not wanting to lose face infront of their supporters. 

Not much between them in the cup last year , but Rangers need to be at the top of their game.  I might have a cheeky couple of quid on 2 red cards :yes:

4 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

By the way, they couldn't move either fixture to Sunday as Celtic and Man City both have Champions League duty on Tuesday.

And as I say , I doubt Police would like the games played after a days drinking at 5pm.

6 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

By the way, they couldn't move either fixture to Sunday as Celtic and Man City both have Champions League duty on Tuesday.

So Southampton having to go to Manchester on a Friday night was ok, but the Manchester Derby can't be..? 

Sky make me sick! 

9 minutes ago, ballwinningcentrehalf said:

Makes sense. But would one 12 and one 2 KO really have been the end of the world? Pretty sure Manc derbies have kicked off at tea time before! 

Of course stay away from phones, iPad etc you can record one and watch straight after presuming the twonk commentators don't update you on the other game score !! :grr:

EDIT: Screw it I'm watching both at same time - iPad is set up !!

Barton red card ?? :yawn:

Archived