IGNORED

Bobby Reid - Goals

Kibs

Have always rated Bobby Reid and I'm chuffed he is fulfilling his undoubted potential. LJ also heaping praise on him again. 

Thats 5 goals in his last 14 games I think, and 4 of those games were off the bench. Still prone to giving the ball away but he plays a high risk game, always looking to be positive with the ball so it has to be expected. Thought he came on a lot last season and has continued his good form. Could be a great season for him if he can maintain the standards he's set so far.   

He was absolute class today, end of. The way he moves the ball and wants to make things happen, he will be hard to keep hold of. Takes a real skill and composure to have a first touch to take an opponent out of the equation, the legs to run on in the space, and the ability to either thread a soft pass or hammer it in on goal.

Admittedly he has improved a hell of a lot this past year, but there were flashes of this from the start and could never understand the people on here that said he'd never make it and we'd release him. Strength/size looks an issue but class is permanent. Yes I am taking about Bobby. 

5 minutes ago, Tuggin over Tomlin said:

Likely to be benched when Smith returns you would think but that's 2 goals for him now! Always great to see the Bristol boys scoring. 

I don't think he will he will be moved further forward.

13 hours ago, Super said:

I don't think he will he will be moved further forward.

I think ( in fact i'm quite certain) we'll see a lot of tinkering with the midfield , and by the end of the season they'll be lots of them who've started just 25-35 games , with lots of sub appearances also . 

I'm delighted that Bobby Reid is pushing on with us . So many 'fans ' write him off but ,like Bryan , to still be here after all the changes and managerial ineptitude, shows determined character .

He could have been binned by previous managers but he hung in there and now , with the confidence that LJ shows in him his quality is starting to shine.

I'm really interested to see where he fits in when Smith is back.

As great as BR has been recently, he's not the man to play in a midfield two, in my opinion. He's best further up the pitch - as evidenced by his attacking threat.

Smith and GON will surely be the nailed on midfield pairing when we play some variant on 4231 - so the natural place for BR is then behind the striker - where Tomlin is the superior option. Maybe Reid will get pushed into a wider role behind the striker, our options out there would then be Bryan, Reid, O'Dowda, Patterson, Freeman...

Also Brownhill competing for CM/CAM 

And rumours of Stephane Sessegnon too...one thing's for sure, we're not going to be short of attacking combinations! 

17 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm really interested to see where he fits in when Smith is back.

As great as BR has been recently, he's not the man to play in a midfield two, in my opinion. He's best further up the pitch - as evidenced by his attacking threat.

Smith and GON will surely be the nailed on midfield pairing when we play some variant on 4231 - so the natural place for BR is then behind the striker - where Tomlin is the superior option. Maybe Reid will get pushed into a wider role behind the striker, our options out there would then be Bryan, Reid, O'Dowda, Patterson, Freeman...

Also Brownhill competing for CM/CAM 

And rumours of Stephane Sessegnon too...one thing's for sure, we're not going to be short of attacking combinations! 

All the players you mention can play across the line, which gives us even more flexibility between and within games. The potential permutations are something we haven't had before and make for exciting times.

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

All the players you mention can play across the line, which gives us even more flexibility between and within games. The potential permutations are something we haven't had before and make for exciting times.

Bobby Reid is class and always was apart from his mental side. lacked aggression and belief. really good to hear LJ has been working on that. As a fan. I am so excited by LJ and his ability to spot a weakness and improve a player. Our squad if looking excellent with so many choices and will only get better. I am so excited by this squad. 

Archived