IGNORED

Paterson

Kingswoodactor

Can't seem to find any videos with Paterson's shot that hit the post in the final few minutes yesterday. Not shown in any of the highlights around either which is weird.

Anyone?

PS I really think this lad is going to thrive in our system, and by the end of the season, I think we'll be saying that he's one of our most exciting attacking players alongside Tomlin and Tammy.

8 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Can't seem to find any videos with Paterson's shot that hit the post in the final few minutes yesterday. Not shown in any of the highlights around either which is weird.

Anyone?

PS I really think this lad is going to thrive in our system, and by the end of the season, I think we'll be saying that he's one of our most exciting attacking players alongside Tomlin and Tammy.

Extended highlights: 

44 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

Anyone?

Agreed. I've got high hopes for Patterson and think he's a great signing for the way we play. 

Paterson lovely strike. Not the trickery of Freeman but more direct and can shoot maybe? Can someone please teach Freeman to shoot!!! Great performance apart from Flinty. he has all the class and power, its just the decision making under pressure. Will he still be our number one choice by the end of the season? he has real competition for once for his place

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Reid's efforts were not bad at all, reading some people on other threads made it sound like he was blasting it into the stands,

Once he found his range, he very much tested their keeper.

Smart player who is rapidly improving.

As for Paterson; really think we've got an excellent player on our hands.  Very lively and quick; could see him and Tammy linking well even in the limited time he had.

As he's cup tied imagine he'll feature across the next couple of games more, as will have an enforced rest next Tuesday.

12 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Reid's efforts were not bad at all, reading some people on other threads made it sound like he was blasting it into the stands,

To be honest early in the game there were a couple that he put into the crowd- But it was good to see him having a go.

He looked a threat all game and on another day would of had a couple. 

17 minutes ago, Fiale said:

That first chance for us on the highlights was a sitter that BR should have buried easily. 

1 hour ago, pritcm said:

Paterson lovely strike. Not the trickery of Freeman but more direct and can shoot maybe? Can someone please teach Freeman to shoot!!! Great performance apart from Flinty. he has all the class and power, its just the decision making under pressure. Will he still be our number one choice by the end of the season? he has real competition for once for his place

If anything he's trickier than Freeman, but more effective with it. He's going to be really exciting when he's at full fitness and totally familiar with our system.

It might be a bit like the Bolasie situation (hopefully with the £30m move at the end :cool:) whereby Forest fans recognise his ability but were mixed in their opinions of him. What he needs is a move and a different system and he'll thrive. He's a very gifted player but it was going stale at Forest, we've done well to get him especially at the rumoured price of under £1m. 

1 hour ago, Rob k said:

I reckon we should have had a penalty near the end then 

The one where O"dowdy has a header? Initially it looks like that, but O'dowdy is stooping to head the low ball and is down there of his own accord, so I'd say that, although the full-back lands on him, the biased Yorkshire-born ref got it right. 

How on earth we didn't score a third there is beyond me. Talk about scrambles. Bit more composure (as Kingswoodtractor spots, a lay-off to O'Neill and it's Gaz's first goal of the campaign) and less decent defending (it was part-manic but effective and Lee Camp is still a good keeper) and we would've collected the extra 2 puts we deserved there. It's a travesty 75% possession doesn't result in 3 pts. What an effort by the team & subs.

In the words of Cotts (puff out chest, assume disbelieving facials and look down the touchline away from post-match interviewer, plus optional shaking of head) "We battered them, we absolutely battered them."

12 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

How on earth we didn't score a third there is beyond me. Talk about scrambles. Bit more composure (as Kingswoodtractor spots, a lay-off to O'Neill and it's Gaz's first goal of the campaign) and less decent defending (it was part-manic but effective and Lee Camp is still a good keeper) and we would've collected the extra 2 puts we deserved there. It's a travesty 75% possession doesn't result in 3 pts. What an effort by the team & subs.

In the words of Cotts (puff out chest, assume disbelieving facials and look down the touchline away from post-match interviewer, plus optional shaking of head) "We battered them, we absolutely battered them."

:laughcont:

3 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Job interview for the Chip Shop ? 

Archived