JasonM88

7 minutes ago, Neo said:

ROD

Moore - Ekstrand - Magnusson Golborne 

Smith - Pack

Paterson - Tomlin - O'Dowda

Abraham

Fielding, Flint, Little, Reid, Freeman, Brownhill, Wilbraham 

You are dropping three of our better players tonight Little, Browhill and Bryan and playing two left sided centre halves ?

2 minutes ago, westonred said:

You are dropping three of our better players tonight Little, Browhill and Bryan and playing to left sided centre halves ?

Apologies - was meant to put Bryan instead of O'Dowda - was wrestling with the bench and forgot - doh !

Does Ekstrand play left side ?

I'd not want to throw the baby out with the bathwater but we do need to improve at the back, especially without O'Neill.

I'd probably bring Ekstrand into a back three and use Little and Bryan as wing-backs.  Then Pack in the middle with ideally a fit Smith then O'Dowda and Tomlin with Abraham.

If Smith isn't fit I'd be tempted to put both Brownhill and Reid into midfield and leave out O'Dowda. 

ROD

Matthews - Ekstrand - Magnusson - Bryan

Smith - Reid

Abraham

But also wouldn't be surprised if we switched to a 3-5-2/3-4-3:

ROD

Ekstrand      Flint     Magnusson

Reid          Smith         Pack       Bryan

Tomlin           Paterson

Abraham

9 hours ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Commonly asked question for 2 years now 

Nine people like this comment?  Really?  I'm just waiting for someone to blame Freeman for the defeat at Wednesday...

[btw, two years ago Freeman was one of the star players in our most successful season in living memory]

Why do people want to make wholesale changes? We were denied a win by the post against Rotherham and the same against Wednesday. There may have been a couple of errors in the last 2 games but this is football, give the players a chance to make up for it, rather than casting them aside.

For me, I would keep the same team. GON's red card should be rescinded as he clearly won the ball last night. 

2 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

Why do people want to make wholesale changes? We were denied a win by the post against Rotherham and the same against Wednesday. There may have been a couple of errors in the last 2 games but this is football, give the players a chance to make up for it, rather than casting them aside.

For me, I would keep the same team. GON's red card should be rescinded as he clearly won the ball last night. 

It can't be as it was a yellow card.

I can't understand why some are suggesting wholesale changes, as someone previously mentioned we've been the width of a post away from winning our last 2 games. Granted we've shipped some poor goals but I would line-up like this;

O'Donnell

Little   Flint   Magnusson   Bryan

Pack   Smith

O'Dowda   Tomlin   Freeman

Abraham

Let's not panic, we're doing alright so far and more than holding our own.

Formation has generally worked for us and we're at home, why would we want to play a midfield 3? 

GK - O'Donnell

RB - Little 

CB - Flint

CB - Magnusson 

LB - Bryan

CM - Reid/Brownhill

CM - Pack

RW - Paterson

CAM - Tomlin/Reid

LW - O'Dowda

ST - Abraham

For me... 3-2-3-1-1 formation This will allow o dowda and Bryan to operate down the wings and give Tomlin chance to have a free role as such! 

O Donnell

Ekstrand Flint magnusson

pack smith 

o dowda Paterson Bryan

tomlin 

abraham 

subs: Fielding, Engvill, brownhill, Reid, freeman, Moore, wilbs! 

Obviously I dont know the extent to which Korey is match fit but personally wouldnt put him in from the start especially when Reid has done so well so far.

Id go with

O'donnell

Moore Flint Magnusson Bryan

Pack Reid

O'Dowda Tomlin Paterson

Abraham

Subs: Fielding, Little, Elkstrand, Smith, Freeman, Engvall, Wilbs

Were not too far away from being a very good team in this division in my opinion

1 hour ago, hodge said:

Formation has generally worked for us and we're at home, why would we want to play a midfield 3? 

GK - O'Donnell

RB - Little 

CB - Flint

CB - Magnusson 

LB - Bryan

CM - Reid/Brownhill

CM - Pack

RW - Paterson

CAM - Tomlin/Reid

LW - O'Dowda

ST - Abraham

The issue for me is that, without Smith or O'Neill , I fear a midfield 2 may get over-run.  Reid, Pack and Brownhill are all very decent players but I'm not convinced any pairing of them can control a midfield against a Derby side that are better than results so far would suggest. 

Just now, LondonBristolian said:

The issue for me is that, without Smith or O'Neill , I fear a midfield 2 may get over-run.  Reid, Pack and Brownhill are all very decent players but I'm not convinced any pairing of them can control a midfield against a Derby side that are better than results so far would suggest. 

A Derby side that may be better than results suggest, however have only scored 1 goal so far. Play them as the team they've been not the team that they could be.

18 minutes ago, hodge said:

A Derby side that may be better than results suggest, however have only scored 1 goal so far. Play them as the team they've been not the team that they could be.

We'll play them as the team that they are on Saturday.  We don't really have much control over that.  But, at some point, they will come good.  If we can do all we can on our part to make sure that we can ensure it isn't Saturday that would be lovely.  We should beat them but we need to be prepared. 

8 hours ago, joeyb said:

ROD

Matthews - Ekstrand - Magnusson - Bryan

Smith - Reid

Abraham

But also wouldn't be surprised if we switched to a 3-5-2/3-4-3:

ROD

Ekstrand      Flint     Magnusson

Reid          Smith         Pack       Bryan

Tomlin           Paterson

Abraham