IGNORED

O'Neil biggest reason we lost

stogursey red

Been a while since city broke my heart like that, but having had time to think about it I have to say all the flack Tomlin is getting just isn't right,

For me it's O'Neil who is mist to blame for what happened, there was just no need for him to make that tactical and get sent off, so what if there man got away from him he still had a defender and the keeper to beat and even if he did we where so much better then them with 11 I think we would have go on and got a 3rd,

It's even more crazy what he did as we had the 1 man advantage at the time and everything going for us, plus are best player this season is put for Saturday, I really would have expected better from someone with his experience

Like most things that went wrong tonight there was just a cumulation of errors resulting in his sending off.

Why leave him so far back when already on a yellow?

Why didn't anyone close Bannan down ... Etc etc

Most of the time, I'm all for analysing the if, buts and maybes of a game that got away but tonight, Wednesday came out a different team and we couldn't handle it... It's a serious session of character building for every player that played tonight, mentally we need to be stronger but we've showed we should be up for a fight every week this year

Gutted but hell, I'll appreciate our next 'last minute winner' 10x more now

The team cannot be totally reliant on O'Neil - Pack, Flint or someone has to be able to step up in these situations. O'Neil is not going to be with us long, so who's going to be "our leader"  ? I would suggest we should already have one or two in the wings capable of seeing out a game at the moment, and not having us collapse like last night.

Oh well - a blip on a other wise good season so far - hell 1st half last night is something to be proud of... 

3 minutes ago, Red white and red said:

O'neil won the ball, shouldn't have been sent off. Find someone else to blame.

For someone with his experience it was a poor decision when you are on a yellow card whether he won it or not when tackling from behind you are always running the risk. Not blaming him Tomlin Flint or ROD though.

This thread is just another like many others, fans looking for someone to blame. I.M.O. singling out Tomlin, O Neil, O Don, Flint etc etc does no good, you just as well blame the manager who picked them or the chaiman who picked the manager. Bottom line is we lost away to a good side having matched them for most of the game and hammered them in the first half.

Frustrating we didn't win but we came very close, move on to Sat; there`s no ONE to blame or we are all to blame. Stop nit picking players who are champions one week and devils the next.

13 minutes ago, Super said:

For someone with his experience it was a poor decision when you are on a yellow card whether he won it or not when tackling from behind you are always running the risk. Not blaming him Tomlin Flint or ROD though.

Yeah, appreciate that. This is the problem with the game today. Even if you don't tackle directly from behind and get a clear foot on the ball, you're still at risk of getting sent off...

1 minute ago, Red white and red said:

Yeah, appreciate that. This is the problem with the game today. Even if you don't tackle directly from behind and get a clear foot on the ball, you're still at risk of getting sent off...

Will be a non contact sport soon.

Have we had anything yet to say if he did win the ball? I thought it looked like he did based on where the ball went. 

Think the ref had the chance to even it up after he maybe thought the red for them was harsh, and he took it. 

Wednesday will be top 6 this year, and these things even themselves out, so hopefully we can right the wrong over the next few games. Shame my boss is a Wednesday fan. And it's Wednesday today. Brilliant.

8 hours ago, stogursey red said:

Been a while since city broke my heart like that, but having had time to think about it I have to say all the flack Tomlin is getting just isn't right,

For me it's O'Neil who is mist to blame for what happened, there was just no need for him to make that tactical and get sent off, so what if there man got away from him he still had a defender and the keeper to beat and even if he did we where so much better then them with 11 I think we would have go on and got a 3rd,

It's even more crazy what he did as we had the 1 man advantage at the time and everything going for us, plus are best player this season is put for Saturday, I really would have expected better from someone with his experience

You can't blame one player for what happened, as LJ said 5 or 6 came out with credit so he must think the other half didn't.

Archived