IGNORED

City with ten men

Super

1 hour ago, Super said:

Remember El Abd getting sent off somewhere and us winning a few seasons back, can't really recall many other occasions (sure there are loads?!)

That was Peterborough away in early 2014, just as we started to pull away from the relegation zone in L1. We were 2-1 up at the time iirc and held on for the whole 2nd half. Great result at the time as Posh were in the P/O positions.

Didnt we get a couple of players dismissed for fighting with each other (Carey and Orr?) against Northampton about 10 years ago and go on to win the match?

4 minutes ago, Never to the dark side said:

Carey and Orr live on telly against Northampton and david cotrell left very shortly after.

I forgot about the Orr and Carey scrap! Seemed to fire the rest of the players up as well

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

That was Peterborough away in early 2014, just as we started to pull away from the relegation zone in L1. We were 2-1 up at the time iirc and held on for the whole 2nd half. Great result at the time as Posh were in the P/O positions.

Didnt we get a couple of players dismissed for fighting with each other (Carey and Orr?) against Northampton about 10 years ago and go on to win the match?

Anyone who doubts Frank Fielding I refer them to this game, he was amazing.

3 hours ago, Lorenzos Only Goal said:

Anyone who doubts Frank Fielding I refer them to this game, he was amazing.

I don't like the criticism of FF but there are plenty of players who've been amazing in one game for us...eg the late Timmy Carter had a blinder for us at home against PNE...playing devil's advocate you could also point to FF's performance at home to Bradford on his City debut...

4 hours ago, Big C said:

Don't forget the 8 men we had left against Watford on the last day of the 1991/92 season when the Three A's all got sent off. Although we did ship 5 goals that day for some reason :blink:

Was there. Party atmosphere. Andy Cole's last game on loan. Went t1t$ up. Lucky they had a high wall at the front.

5 hours ago, Drew Peacock said:

I remember someone beating us at home with 9 men, fairly sure it was Blackpool.

Pretty sure we won 2-0 when they had 2 sent off. 

On the subject of multiple sending offs, as well as the Watford game, I remember a couple being sent off at Northampton in the 80s, lost 3-0 and had to wear Northamptons away kit. 

And brum had 2 sent off in a minute against us in early 90s at home. 

12 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Walsall at home way back - around Christmas 1986?

Keith Curle sent off when we were losing 0-1, but the crowd just upped the support a few notches and we clawed it back to 2-1 with Paul Fitzpatrick notching a winner at the East End, fantastic comeback!

I'd forgotten about that game. I think David bloody Kelly got his customary goal against us. Good atmosphere and great scenes when the winner went in.

In that game at Northampton that was live on TV I think Orr was sent off for aiming a head butt at Carey. From what I remember that win proved to be something of a turning point that season after an indifferent start. 

Archived