IGNORED

City player audio

steviestevieneville

Me too.  Up then a very interesting listen as always with LJ.  Thought his decision NOT to go into the dressing room after the game on Tuesday whilst his emotions were running high shows a great deal of self-awareness and maturity by LJ.  

He is still learning his trade but his actions and instincts (like giving Tammy time off) are proving spot on so far.  Demonstrating a level of emotional intelligence that even some of the most experienced and successful managers fail to attain.  Very impressive.

I also liked the fact he was unhappy with the way we lost from 2-2.  Rather than hold on to the point he still wanted the players to be postive in their play rather than get into the mindset of defending what we have.  Fantastic attitude and telling that he reflected on how the players behaved at that stage of the game and felt he needed to explain to them that this is what he expects.  

LJ and our young players are all learning.  You can only see this kind of analysis and self assessment help in moving us forward.  Failure is often the best education and makes the frenzied outbursts on OTIB in response to the result even more out of proportion to what may be a minor setback.  

On a bit of a tangent but player related.. some horrific questioning on the short LJ player interview. 

It does my head in, the interviewer hasn't improved in the few seasons he's been here.. closed questions throughout, a question about Abraham's extra break which was already covered on the OS, 2 pointless and boring questions about Derby that should've just been one.. it's amateur and basic errors that ruin interviews. It's like the questions are thought up on the spot without really thinking prior about what fans want to hear.

SC isn't here anymore, we're lucky enough to have a manager who will give interesting and insightful answers if asked the right questions. We shouldn't waste that with nothing questions that we can all predict answers to. 

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

On a bit of a tangent but player related.. some horrific questioning on the short LJ player interview. 

It does my head in, the interviewer hasn't improved in the few seasons he's been here.. closed questions throughout, a question about Abraham's extra break which was already covered on the OS, 2 pointless and boring questions about Derby that should've just been one.. it's amateur and basic errors that ruin interviews. It's like the questions are thought up on the spot without really thinking prior about what fans want to hear.

SC isn't here anymore, we're lucky enough to have a manager who will give interesting and insightful answers if asked the right questions. We shouldn't waste that with nothing questions that we can all predict answers to. 

He's got a nickname though and he's appears to be one of the lads, so he seems to fit in the media team culture.

2 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

He's got a nickname though and he's appears to be one of the lads, so he seems to fit in the media team culture.

It's been a bugbear of mine for ages, if there was visible improvement I wouldn't mind but there simply isn't. Still sounds work experience-esque and a bit overawed. LJ doesn't mind being pretty open and candid in interviews, we shouldn't waste that. Luckily now we have the full press conference audio because the inane in-house interviews are pretty awful.

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's been a bugbear of mine for ages, if there was visible improvement I wouldn't mind but there simply isn't. Still sounds work experience-esque and a bit overawed. LJ doesn't mind being pretty open and candid in interviews, we shouldn't waste that. Luckily now we have the full press conference audio because the inane in-house interviews are pretty awful.

My own personal gripe about social media and professionalism recently actually meant to include the media side of things too..interviews etc. 'Work experience-esque' is the best way I've seen to describe it.

Archived