IGNORED

Tomorrow's game...

EmersonsRed

Tomorrow's game will for me, tell us all where we are in terms of this division and how mentally strong our players are. We have dropped five points in our last two games that we shouldn't have done, but we must go into tomorrow with confidence and play our own game. This Derby side may be full of talent and we may have a crap record against them but they've scored two goals all season and one of those was in the league cup. We must for once show some level of defensive solidity instead of rolling over time after time. Scoring goals isn't our problem. Conceding is. An interesting game ahead. COYR.

8 minutes ago, cynic said:

The last game showed to me that we are still short of a couple of experienced players at this time.

The team showed a soft underbelly and bottled the game.

It'll be interesting to see just how mentally strong they are after that, especially without GON who is a massive loss imo.

I think (hope) there is enough about them to beat Derby especially given Derbys form.

Re your last few words, what worries me is that their form has to, and will change soon!. Hopefully not tomorrow though!

6 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I see Bryan playing in midfield tomorrow with Reid and Smith. If so then I think this will be the first time Bryan and Smith have played in midfield together which will be interesting to see. Also hope Matthews starts as the only way to get fit is by playing them so I would rather he just started Matthews and korey and hope they are sharp enough. A gamble that needs to be taken, especially with o'neil missing and little struggling at this level.

2  changes  for me tomorrow ,   Korey in for G O N .  ( No surprise there .)  But the big surprise  will be Patterson in for Tomlin !

1 minute ago, Portland Bill said:

I've a feeling that Fielding may well be in goal tomorrow. 

As a ex Derby player I can see where you maybe coming from ,  but  I reckon there will be big changes for the Fulham cup match  and Frankie  Estrand  Matthews  will come in for R O D  Flinty and Little  plus probably 3/ 4 other changes

1 minute ago, cityred exile said:

As a ex Derby player I can see where you maybe coming from ,  but  I reckon there will be big changes for the Fulham cup match  and Frankie  Estrand  Matthews  will come in for R O D  Flinty and Little  plus probably 3/ 4 other changes

You used to play for Derby..?

6 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Are you Lee Johnson? He had a short spell on loan there.

43 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

I'm only reading ( possibly wrongly! ) into LJ's comments re R O D kicking the ball straight out of play in the last minute at Wednesday, LJ seemed to be fuming about the fact he couldn't keep the ball on the pitch. Add the Flint/ R O D total mix up for Rotherhams first goal, plus the howler for Wednesday's second goal. 

But I may well be 100% wrong!

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I see Bryan playing in midfield tomorrow with Reid and Smith. If so then I think this will be the first time Bryan and Smith have played in midfield together which will be interesting to see. Also hope Matthews starts as the only way to get fit is by playing them so I would rather he just started Matthews and korey and hope they are sharp enough. A gamble that needs to be taken, especially with o'neil missing and little struggling at this level.

I'd like to think with the level the club is at now they rely on slightly more than just "hope" when deciding if a player is sharp enough 

9 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How exactly did we "drop 5 points that we shouldn't have done"..?

Agreed, we dropped 3 points V Wednesday but surely we rescued 1 point at Rotherham..?

I think his point was we should have never been behind in the first place and to have a game that one sided that we don't win, is points dropped. 

I'm inclined to agree! If we're in any way serious about challenging at the right end we have to cut out soft goals. 

7 games, 0 clean sheets is a worry. You don't do anything in the league without being tight at the back and we're not there yet.

We can't keep relying on scoring 2/3 goals per game to get the job done. 

12 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

How exactly did we "drop 5 points that we shouldn't have done"..?

Agreed, we dropped 3 points V Wednesday but surely we rescued 1 point at Rotherham..?

People were disappointed when we came back from 2 down on Saturday as we should have won, people were disappointed we chucked away a 2 goal lead as we should have won, I've come to the conclusion that people will only be happy if we win every week, anything else is a disaster!  Sometimes I wonder if people understand football in that losing is part of it, and makes the wins all the better when they do come along, it's part of the fun surely!  People posting on here FFS whenever we let a goal in is my new pet hate!

I don't think any/many have second guessed LJ's selection's this season....this weekend isn't gonna be any easier.

It is easy to drop someone on a bad performance, but 1) you have to believe their replacement will come in and do better, and 2) do you give them the chance to go out and show you in was a one-off.  Some players get more chances to prove themselves than others.  That's football.

Here;s my starting eleven, plus subs:

O'Donnell

Little, Flint, Magnússon, Golborne

Reid, Pack

Paterson, Tomlin, Bryan

Abraham

Subs:

Fielding, Moore, Ekstrand, Brownhill, O'Dowda, Smith, Wilbraham

No Freeman, Engvall (fitness), Matthews (fitness), O'Neil (suspended), DiGirolamo (fringe)

Can definitely see Paterson starting, and Reid / Brownhill / Smith it could be any if them.

Archived