IGNORED

Brislington Park & ride

Cider Queen

First of all I'd like to say I really like this service,  coming down to the ground is a breeze, I get 1pm bus, I'm at Ashton gate by 1.30pm.. All good.

But going back is a nightmare. I'm standing in a massive queue at the moment,  having been here since 5.10pm. I'm seated in the ayteo end of the upper Dolman. 

I think first and the club need to look and see how this return journey can be improved.  I think the first bus was due at 16:40 if it left then it would have been empty as the game was still on then!

The next bus at 5pm.. Can't imagine that would have been full?  So now we wait..  We have wait for the buses to return from Brislington,  bear in mind traffic.. That's a long time!  

It's just arrived.. At 17:40.. Hopefully everyone will get on.. I've heard a few saying that they may drive next time... 

Come on first.. Have a look see how you can improve what could be a very popular service.

1 hour ago, ojjy said:

First of all I'd like to say I really like this service,  coming down to the ground is a breeze, I get 1pm bus, I'm at Ashton gate by 1.30pm.. All good.

But going back is a nightmare. I'm standing in a massive queue at the moment,  having been here since 5.10pm. I'm seated in the ayteo end of the upper Dolman. 

I think first and the club need to look and see how this return journey can be improved.  I think the first bus was due at 16:40 if it left then it would have been empty as the game was still on then!

The next bus at 5pm.. Can't imagine that would have been full?  So now we wait..  We have wait for the buses to return from Brislington,  bear in mind traffic.. That's a long time!  

It's just arrived.. At 17:40.. Hopefully everyone will get on.. I've heard a few saying that they may drive next time... 

Come on first.. Have a look see how you can improve what could be a very popular service.

Did it vs Newcastle and like I have previously said I walked all the way to Temple Meads to get a bus and it was quicker than the return bus to P&R from AG. 

Wont ever use it again.

It really isn't far off being an excellent service.. Just needs some tweaks.. Any idea who we can talk to about it?

The next match is the first night match v Leeds... I must admit I'm a bit nervous about it. 

As I work in town I'm going to get the normal p&r in Tuesday morning and make my own way to the ground... 

I'm nervous about 2 things..

1. Will the remember to keep the park open beyond 9:45pm the normal closing time?

2. How long will we have to wait to go home after the match? It's one thing waiting on a sunny Saturday afternoon to waiting until 22:00.. 22:30 on a Tuesday night...with work the next day!

I know it's irrational..  But I also know we're talking about First Bus!

1 hour ago, ojjy said:

It really isn't far off being an excellent service.. Just needs some tweaks.. Any idea who we can talk to about it?

The next match is the first night match v Leeds... I must admit I'm a bit nervous about it. 

As I work in town I'm going to get the normal p&r in Tuesday morning and make my own way to the ground... 

I'm nervous about 2 things..

1. Will the remember to keep the park open beyond 9:45pm the normal closing time?

2. How long will we have to wait to go home after the match? It's one thing waiting on a sunny Saturday afternoon to waiting until 22:00.. 22:30 on a Tuesday night...with work the next day!

I know it's irrational..  But I also know we're talking about First Bus!

What did you get home?

Archived