IGNORED

Jon Stead...

BS4 on Tour...

Yep I know he's an ex player which will probably get me a 'I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post!' from one notorious poster, but Mr Stead scored a cracking couple of goals yesterday away at Cheltenham. I loved the guy when he was with us, never gave less than everything he had on the pitch - and clearly loved the club and the community. He was just here at the wrong time. 

Got so much time for JS and it's great to see him still doing well. A proper modern day pro who is a credit to every club for which he's played.

+1. He`ll always get a warm welcome from me if and when he returns to AG. One of life`s nice blokes and a credit to football. The fact he made no secret of how much he loved it here will always be something I`m proud of.

A top club could do a lot worse than take him on in some sort of ambassador role when he finally does pack it in.

Got to know him a bit as our kids went to same young kids class in portishead and he truly is/was a proper pro. Went above and beyond to me and even got him to get a few of the other city players who lived in portishead at the time to help launch my brothers buisness. He did this of his own back and he suggested it .

also loved the fact win/lose or draw he always gave 110%, which always goes along way with me!

Archived