IGNORED

Parking by the ship and castle

forbespm

8 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Won,t be parking there again.got in my car at 5 0'clock and

Managed to get onto the main road at 6!  It's great the crowds

Are getting bigger at the gate but the parking leaves a lot

To be desired.

Was parked in the Whitening Yard, in the car just after 5 o'clock, out and back in Wotton Under Edge just after 6 o'clock.(also dropped two mates off in and around Bristol)

19 minutes ago, forbespm said:

Won,t be parking there again.got in my car at 5 0'clock and

Managed to get onto the main road at 6!  It's great the crowds

Are getting bigger at the gate but the parking leaves a lot

To be desired.

That's because the green light stays on for about ten seconds it's murder during the days when there is car auctions on. I dread to think how bad it is on a match day 

8 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I leave the car at home and ride down the Gate on my motorcycle , park outside pc world, one minute walk to the ground.Bypass all traffic jams on the way to and back, happy days!

How to make friends and influence people :clapping:

But agree, 2 wheels is the way to go.. fastest for me was when I cycled... shame I am such a lazy ****

8 hours ago, WRERE said:

Had the exact same problem for the Wigan game so I've been walking to the past few games. I have to drive to Leeds on the Tuesday so I'll probably end up parking there for that game. I imagine I won't get out of ship and castle till 11.

Park down near the Masonic, 20 minute walk but by the time you get back to your car most of the traffic has cleared

Ah the Ship & Castle. Back in 1975 I worked for Her Majesty's Stationery Office (now the vehicle testing place) and the Ship was always a lunchtime must. Also handy working there as it was always a good excuse to work overtime until about 7pm if there was a midweek game on.

4 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Proper pub.

Indeed it was.

I remember coming back for a visit after moving to Australia and I went to see City play Forest. I think we lost 4-1 with Collymore scoring a couple and doing little aeroplane impressions in celebration.  Any way to cut a short story long we had parked up near the Ship and were plodding back at fulltime for a consolation pint when it kicked off with a few Forest fans (not us I might add). The Cops arrived in their little riot van just as this geriatric Forest fan was doing his best Jackie Chan / Bruce Lee impression whenever someone got within 20 yards of him. The cops jumped out of said riot van and with the rest of us just rolled about laughing.

Archived