IGNORED

Deliberate overcharging at concessions?

BRISTOL86

1 hour ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Now dealt with as below.

This is a slight programming error for discounts. All sorted now so it will round down everywhere so customers will receive a few extra pence discount on some occasions were the discount does not hit an exact 5p it will go down to the nearest 5p

Regards

Sent: 21 September 2016 12:23
To: Michael Keeling; Mike Warren
Subject:

Can we deal with this please. Tell me the update?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179595-deliberate-overcharging-at-concessions/

Mark Kelly
Chief Stadium Operations Officer

Good stuff, thanks Mark.

Instead of all this fling about with a few pence here and a few pence there discounts (complicating and confusing transactions for both vendor and buyer, & possibly slowing down serve times too btw) .... I think one easy solution that could be popular (assuming the accounting technology can be relied upon to perform simple percentages adding up and taking away % + - :) ) ... how about everyone pays the full price at point of sale? ...... :shocking: ..... hang on hang on, keep yer hair on.. I haven't finished yet.

I presume the total monthly concession sakes discounts must add up to quite a handy sum... 

So how about everyone pays full price for everything, the clubs concessionary accounts add up the value of non applied club discounts and at the end of each month a match day half-time draw takes place of all ST holders and a number of winners (1 or more to be decided) are drawn with the winner/winners receiving the accumulated month discount amounts. Perhaps 90% of which paid out in in this way win the remaining 10% monthly totals carried over til the last game of season and added to the April/May discount prize pot for one Big Summer Discount Draw.

(NB all ST holders included in draw, I realise that them who 'buys all the pies' or 'do's all the booze' would be contributing a higher percentage of the prize pots than those who buy the occasional coffee but, well so be it, nothings perfect ... they can always buy from the vans etc outside and claim their discounts as now ... only the IT connected internal stadium outlets would be linked up & included in the 'cumulative ST discount prize draw.)

Hope that lot makes sense? ... if not I'm sure you all get the gist....

A ST holder draw of this sort would create interest among non ST's to maybe consider becoming one, will make concession discounts easier to administer, create a but of HT monthly interest throughout the season on draw days.. the fans get every penny of discount due, life at the concessions would be easier for everyone ....

Hey presto...  Everybody's Happy!

(including the weight watcher Red's who, without the instant discounts, would possibly be buying a few less pies & pints throughout the season :yawn:) ..aren't they?

Whilst I applaud the fact tills will now round, there is still a population who will not get their discount i.e. dual card holders.

Why oh why did the club simply not issue cards with eg "Adult Dual" - too easy?

I wonder if the card scanners will be in for next season :) 

4 hours ago, Mkelly said:

Thanks for the heads up.  Now dealt with as below.

This is a slight programming error for discounts. All sorted now so it will round down everywhere so customers will receive a few extra pence discount on some occasions were the discount does not hit an exact 5p it will go down to the nearest 5p

Regards

Sent: 21 September 2016 12:23
To: Michael Keeling; Mike Warren
Subject:

Can we deal with this please. Tell me the update?

http://www.otib.co.uk/index.php?/topic/179595-deliberate-overcharging-at-concessions/

Mark Kelly
Chief Stadium Operations Officer

Well done Mark. Good work! 

Archived