IGNORED

Hull City

bs3

There will be some big teams going out next round with the Manc Derby, West Ham v Chelsea and Liverpool v Spurs all playing eachother. We have a home tie against average prem side to say the least!

There is no reason why we can't progress further and beyond.

2 hours ago, samo II said:

They've got one of the smallest and most injury-riddled squads in the Premier League, and have to travel half the length of the country to play us in midweek, as well as our match against them coming between games against Stoke and Watford.  And considering they'll be up against Liverpool and Chelsea prior to that, I can imagine their focus will be the league, unless their form is insane and then they'd be a better looking drawn anyway.  Is after Blackburn at home for us too, so no travelling for us that week, which will help preparation on our end.

A shit draw would have been Leeds, Preston or even Newcastle away - nothing to look forward to in those games, while in Hull we've a Premier League team at home, and one we can give a game.  Lord knows we've the squad to manage a cup run this year, and I for one am pretty chuffed we're one potentially winnable game from a cup quarterfinal.  And I bet a fair sum Tammy (and a few others, to be fair) will be desperate to play against a Premier League team - advantage of a young an hungry squad.

Think plenty of the players and the management will be happy with this one, and I'm looking forward to it - almost forgotten what that felt like in any cup that wasn't the JPT!

So our game will be a Wednesday again?

I believe Blackburn is on a Sunday, so we wouldn't play on the Tuesday.

4 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Knew I'd come on here and people would be slagging off the draw. The same people were slagging off our first three ties no doubt - well look where we are now!

Keep winning and the good draw will come. 

Looking at the draw overall, where's the optimism - why not 'dare to dream'. There's a potential semi final or maybe even final appearance in there for a Championship club...why not us, eh?

Spirit of '89.

This is actually so true and not as fanciful as some might think.

With two all-Championship ties, if we manage to get through this there's definitely a genuine opportunity of reaching the last four.

10 hours ago, East End Old Boy said:

Why's that, do you drive the Hull coach?

Joking aside, it's purely for selfish reasons. If you were surrounded by 'Ull fans every single day of your life, you'd want the chance to knock 'em down a peg or two. Where I live it's split roughly half and half between 'Ull and Leeds fans, but obviously, with Leeds being the least successful of the two in recent years, more and more are choosing to follow the Tigers.

• Admin

It was funny how the first 4 ties drawn were all top draw teams / ties, the second half was all the "others"

Not a bad draw really - for their Stoke match in the last round Hull made eight changes from the weekend. David Marshall, James Weir, Dieumerci Mbokani, Will Keane, Markus Henriksen and Ryan Mason all made their first starts. 

Hull City: David Marshall, Andy Robertson, Harry Maguire, Curtis Davies, David Meyler, Shaun Maloney, James Weir, Dieumerci Mbokani, Will Keane, Markus Henriksen, Ryan Mason. 
Subs: Dusan Kuciak, Tom Huddlestone, Adama Diomande, Ahmed Elmohamady, Josh Tymon, Jarrod Bowen, Greg Olley. 

No reason not to fancy this tie, and if we can stay away from those in the first 4 ties - who knows what will happen !?

20 minutes ago, phantom said:

It was funny how the first 4 ties drawn were all top draw teams / ties, the second half was all the "others"

Not a bad draw really - for their Stoke match in the last round Hull made eight changes from the weekend. David Marshall, James Weir, Dieumerci Mbokani, Will Keane, Markus Henriksen and Ryan Mason all made their first starts. 

Hull City: David Marshall, Andy Robertson, Harry Maguire, Curtis Davies, David Meyler, Shaun Maloney, James Weir, Dieumerci Mbokani, Will Keane, Markus Henriksen, Ryan Mason. 
Subs: Dusan Kuciak, Tom Huddlestone, Adama Diomande, Ahmed Elmohamady, Josh Tymon, Jarrod Bowen, Greg Olley. 

No reason not to fancy this tie, and if we can stay away from those in the first 4 ties - who knows what will happen !?

Mmmm funny ?  One for the conspiracy theorist I think.

13 hours ago, samo II said:

They've got one of the smallest and most injury-riddled squads in the Premier League, and have to travel half the length of the country to play us in midweek, as well as our match against them coming between games against Stoke and Watford.  And considering they'll be up against Liverpool and Chelsea prior to that, I can imagine their focus will be the league, unless their form is insane and then they'd be a better looking drawn anyway.  Is after Blackburn at home for us too, so no travelling for us that week, which will help preparation on our end.

A shit draw would have been Leeds, Preston or even Newcastle away - nothing to look forward to in those games, while in Hull we've a Premier League team at home, and one we can give a game.  Lord knows we've the squad to manage a cup run this year, and I for one am pretty chuffed we're one potentially winnable game from a cup quarterfinal.  And I bet a fair sum Tammy (and a few others, to be fair) will be desperate to play against a Premier League team - advantage of a young an hungry squad.

Think plenty of the players and the management will be happy with this one, and I'm looking forward to it - almost forgotten what that felt like in any cup that wasn't the JPT!

Exactly what I said on the way home last night. Staying in a cup competuition keeps the squad players in the frame & happy too.

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Knew I'd come on here and people would be slagging off the draw. The same people were slagging off our first three ties no doubt - well look where we are now!

Keep winning and the good draw will come. 

Looking at the draw overall, where's the optimism - why not 'dare to dream'. There's a potential semi final or maybe even final appearance in there for a Championship club...why not us, eh?

Spirit of '89.

Great post again mate. Always speak sense you do. 

Personally I think it's the third best draw we could have got (after Preston at Home or Reading at home, maybe after Leeds at home too.)  I know everyone wants a glamour tie but personally I'd much rather be in the quarter-finals and this gives us a chance of doing that.  I hope we can beat Hull, get a throughly unglamorous home tie against Preston in the quarter-finals and win that too and then get Chelsea, Spurs or Arsenal in the semis then surprise Man City in the final.

I accept there is a small possibility I'm getting ahead of myself here though...

5 hours ago, phantom said:

Marshall might be one reason?

Archived