IGNORED

Our fans at fulham wednesday night

where's the joy

you had to be there to believe it but for a good 20 minutes our london city fans sang their heads off with 'freeman's on fire'

and 'thatchers gold'

it really got the confidence going and you could see the players lifting their spirits. quite how so few managed to sound like so many i don't know but i was really proud of the positivity which we managed to get across to the team

roll on saturday when 3000 might just get freeman to play well if we sing loudly enough

but then again it is freeman

Freeman for me has been one of the better players this season. He's definitely comfortable at this level on this season's showing. Fully expect him to kick on under LJ and show in this division the promise he did in the one below. 

6 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Freeman for me has been one of the better players this season. He's definitely comfortable at this level on this season's showing. Fully expect him to kick on under LJ and show in this division the promise he did in the one below. 

His build up play is superb, just needs to improve composure at shots and vital passes. He needs to keep getting in the positions he has, as that's the only way he can improve his final ball under pressure, and he shouldn't listen to the inevitable crowds reaction when something doesn't come off.

13 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

His build up play is superb, just needs to improve composure at shots and vital passes. He needs to keep getting in the positions he has, as that's the only way he can improve his final ball under pressure, and he shouldn't listen to the inevitable crowds reaction when something doesn't come off.

Agreed it's the final nail in the coffin and I expect a goal would kick start some serious form. 

The run that he made to get one on one was exceptional. It was little different to the run Joe Bryan made v Villa which people were waxing lyrical over; the only difference being the finish. And with that I don't think Luke's was bad, I think it was a good save. He took it quick before the keeper could close down and make himself big(ger). He did the right thing and got it on target and made the keeper make a save. As often as that's saved it goes under the keeper and in. 

Watching Freeman this season to me he's screaming potential. Last year he was laborious with allowances being made as a result of the year before. But not now. Now he's looking like a player worth persevering for on merit. Looks to me the kind've player Forest might have let go in Patterson - someone who has potential and if he realises it will be very good at this level. 

20 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

he shouldn't listen to the inevitable crowds reaction when something doesn't come off.

Amen. At the risk of sounding like a greetings card:

If you believe in yourself you have 100% of the people that you need on your side.

9 hours ago, 29AR said:

He must be fantastic in the away games then.

41 minutes ago, Super said:

Even if only at home I'd be looking at Abraham, ONeill, Bryan, Magnusson and Freeman as our top five performers. 

Personally I think both Freeman and Little have shown vast improvements since the summer and are showing - as Flint and Reid did before them - good players do play their way into form. 

9 hours ago, where's the joy said:

you had to be there to believe it but for a good 20 minutes our london city fans sang their heads off with 'freeman's on fire'

and 'thatchers gold'

it really got the confidence going and you could see the players lifting their spirits. quite how so few managed to sound like so many i don't know but i was really proud of the positivity which we managed to get across to the team

roll on saturday when 3000 might just get freeman to play well if we sing loudly enough

but then again it is freeman

It was brilliant... Freeman especially had a spring in his step & with Fulham fans being so quiet I think your right that it lifted the team. Exactly what Sheff Weds fans did for their team the Tuesday before.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Seriously you are a broken record when it comes to Freeman. 'league one is his level and that's all he'll ever be'

The lad is 24, plenty of time to improve and show his talent, which he has been doing recently. He could develop into a quality player that we will benefit from for the next 10 years. Just because he can't skin four players and score every game right now doesn't mean he isn't contributing. I've been to every game and he has done pretty well this season, not the heights some people seem to expect from him at all times, but the signs are there that he's improving.

Try being a 'supporter' as this forum is for Bristol City supporters, and get behind the player.

4 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

Seriously you are a broken record when it comes to Freeman. 'league one is his level and that's all he'll ever be'

The lad is 24, plenty of time to improve and show his talent, which he has been doing recently. He could develop into a quality player that we will benefit from for the next 10 years. Just because he can't skin four players and score every game right now doesn't mean he isn't contributing. I've been to every game and he has done pretty well this season, not the heights some people seem to expect from him at all times, but the signs are there that he's improving.

Try being a 'supporter' as this forum is for Bristol City supporters, and get behind the player.

Spot on post mate

7 minutes ago, Coxy27 said:

It's called an opinion.

Freeman is moving the ball quicker and is not being used to carry the ball as much. 

The bloke is making an impression particularly with LJ and competition and options are increasing all the time. 

Freeman is a valuable asset in terms of the team and cash and as such I don't see any reason to offer any opinion that is not positive on the guy. He is now an experienced Championship player at 24 that many clubs would be envious of he just needs a goal to really get the monkey off his back. That would be super!

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Freeman is moving the ball quicker and is not being used to carry the ball as much. 

The bloke is making an impression particularly with LJ and competition and options are increasing all the time. 

Freeman is a valuable asset in terms of the team and cash and as such I don't see any reason to offer any opinion that is not positive on the guy. He is now an experienced Championship player at 24 that many clubs would be envious of he just needs a goal to really get the monkey off his back. That would be super!

I agree. I think he may not have (m)any assists this season but I think he was been the "assist to the assist" on a few occasions in other words he has been instrumental to the build up.

Just out of interest, do we know how many went Wednesday and how many are expected tomorrow? 

I am actually going to London tomorrow, but it is to take my wife out for birthday celebrations, I tried dropping a few hints about how she may want to have some time to herself in the afternoon, but she was not best pleased. :) .

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Just out of interest, do we know how many went Wednesday and how many are expected tomorrow? 

I am actually going to London tomorrow, but it is to take my wife out for birthday celebrations, I tried dropping a few hints about how she may want to have some time to herself in the afternoon, but she was not best pleased. :) .

575 went Wednesday night, over 3,000 expected Saturday.

It's costing me brunch & drinks in Fulham pre-game to get the misses to come with me.

14 hours ago, 29AR said:

Sorry i know its all about opinions but to me Freeman being one of our better players this season i have to disagree he brings nothing to the team. Yes he is a good footballer to watch with his mazy runs but there is hardly ever an end product. For a footballer who loses the ball too often, can't head, tackle or shoot i cannot see how he is comfortable at this level

14 hours ago, 29AR said:

I must be watching a different game. All good until it matters. 

Archived