Fully Fit Squad...

JasonM88

Who do you play? 

Out of: 

Feilding, O'Donnell, Lucic

Little, Matthews, Flint, Moore, Ekstrand, Mangnusson, Bryan, Golbourne

O'Neil, Reid, Smith, Pack, Brownhill, Tomlin, Patterson, Freeman, O'Dowda

Abraham, Engvall, Wilbraham

Unbeleviable cover in all positions, barring upfront.

4 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Who do you play? 

Out of: 

Plenty of cover upfront. 

Tomlin, Paterson, Wilbs, Engvall, Abraham is more than enough.

Tomlin and Paterson both started as strikers, and are more than comfortable there.

46 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Who do you play? 

Out of: 

It's a very exciting time…like others have said, they are all so interesting to watch…they all bring their own 'thing' to the team.

1 hour ago, JasonM88 said:

Who do you play? 

Out of: 

7 minutes ago, redfieldred said:

Great news that pack proved he can hold on his own today as with 2 games a week happening a lot in this league we now have real depth in defensive midfield, 

Felt a bit harsh that he might miss out to ONeill and Smith but having a good squad is about tough decisions. As LJ says - it's about the 1% and it's only margin of that scale which  keep him off the preferred 11 for me. 

I think one of the many managerial skills LJ is showing at the moment is his astute ability to rotate the squad, whilst keeping everyone happy. 

I think it has a lot to do with his tactical flexibility and the fluidity of the shape of the team that players can come in and out the team and fit in well in different positions. Especially in midfield. 

It seems the days of 'Best 11' and 'Best formation' are almost gone. I think all the players know, if fit, they will be used and that they are part of a squad system. Ultimately it will also keep people fresher and even more importantly hungrier.

Contrast this with 12 months ago, Joe Bryan goes off injured and we get Wes Burns on to play as a LWB.

This season Scott Golbourne comes on instead, a more than decent Championship defender.

In goal when did we last have a debutant who saves a penalty and yet can't even get on the bench for the next game?

Still think we are one light up front, Tammy is still only 18 for goodness sake, so surely he cannot keep this scoring rate up, whereas much as I love Wilbs he will be 37 next month and time will catch up with him eventually, whereas Engvall is completely unproven.

Everywhere else we look so much stronger than we have for years though..

3 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Contrast this with 12 months ago, Joe Bryan goes off injured and we get Wes Burns on to play as a LWB.

This season Scott Golbourne comes on instead, a more than decent Championship defender.

In goal when did we last have a debutant who saves a penalty and yet can't even get on the bench for the next game?

Still think we are one light up front, Tammy is still only 18 for goodness sake, so surely he cannot keep this scoring rate up, whereas much as I love Wilbs he will be 37 next month and time will catch up with him eventually, whereas Engvall is completely unproven.

Everywhere else we look so much stronger than we have for years though..

Definitely. We need to make it to January and reinforce then, hopefully we can get by till then without any injuries.

If we are doing well still though, we will be seen as an attractive proposition to possible targets.

Archived