IGNORED

Mark Little-Liability....

CTRed

I'm the first to admit I slated him big style, saying he was a liability. Credit where it is due, he has grown into this league, yes, for me, he's not a first choice RB for a team that wants to be challenging for promotion but he has certainly been good for us and I'm delighted for that.

Massive credit to LJ, exciting times.

BTW-as an exile, what unbelievable support and noise for the team in the EFL Cup game. Have yet to see the league game but with 8 times as many fans hopefully it was comparible. Well done to all.

PLEASE post YouTube clips

6 minutes ago, CTRed said:

I'm the first to admit I slated him big style, saying he was a liability. Credit where it is due, he has grown into this league, yes, for me, he's not a first choice RB for a team that wants to be challenging for promotion but he has certainly been good for us and I'm delighted for that.

Massive credit to LJ, exciting times.

BTW-as an exile, what unbelievable support and noise for the team in the EFL Cup game. Have yet to see the league game but with 8 times as many fans hopefully it was comparible. Well done to all.

PLEASE post YouTube clips

How many did we take yesterday??

2600 officially. But I'm over from the states too and there were many others dotted around. 

On Mark Little. He was given quite a game in the first half by the two wide men. I thought he acquitted himself very well and has his place on merit from anyone else we have. Brilliant for the guy and it's noticeable that people are starting to get off his back a bit !

Watching him, he still looks like he lost a lot of pace in that injury and hasn't quite got it back. A few times he got the ball clear, but it was backs to the wall, skin of the teeth defending. However, what I did see was a couple of attempts at the classic Mark Little bomb down the wing. None of them quite came off, but was promising to see. Definitely a step in the right direction.

3 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

He`s nowhere near as bad as some on here make out (pub player etc.etc.). He always does what`s asked of him and while not the most skilful of players does his best for the team and always puts in 100%. I don`t get the abuse he gets on here, some of it quite nasty, but haters gotta hate I suppose.

I'm not sure people are hating on him, just rightly pointing out that RB is one of our weaker positions. Is Little as good a RB as Bryan or Golbourne are left backs ? 

Our first choice LB can be pushed up into MF or winger and do well with Golbourne taking over and being just as effective as LB, can we do the same with Little ? If we had the same options for RB as we do LB we would have more options / flexibility as well a good cover for the position, as it is we seem lacking in that position.

17 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I'm not sure people are hating on him, just rightly pointing out that RB is one of our weaker positions. Is Little as good a RB as Bryan or Golbourne are left backs ? 

Our first choice LB can be pushed up into MF or winger and do well with Golbourne taking over and being just as effective as LB, can we do the same with Little ? If we had the same options for RB as we do LB we would have more options / flexibility as well a good cover for the position, as it is we seem lacking in that position.

I don`t disagree mate but there have been some very unpleasant things posted about Mark by certain people on here, it`s like they`re just waiting for him to fail just so they can get on his back. I just can`t see what pleasure they get from writing abusive and totally unhelpful things about one of our own players. They  retreat back into the woodwork when that player`s performances improve only to re-emerge when he has a game which they consider to not be to their standards.

Why can`t they just support the team and if they feel the need to criticize do it constructively without resorting to nasty remarks.

21 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t disagree mate but there have been some very unpleasant things posted about Mark by certain people on here, it`s like they`re just waiting for him to fail just so they can get on his back. I just can`t see what pleasure they get from writing abusive and totally unhelpful things about one of our own players. They  retreat back into the woodwork when that player`s performances improve only to re-emerge when he has a game which they consider to not be to their standards.

Why can`t they just support the team and if they feel the need to criticize do it constructively without resorting to nasty remarks.

Agreed, he's been pretty solid and does not deserve any hate - all our players do their best and.. well people seem to have forgot that bloated overpaid squad we had not long ago where players just seemed to go through the motions and saw us struggle and then crash out of the Championship - setting us back a few years as we had to see out contracts and restructure - every player we have seems to give 100% and all seem to have a great attitude to the team / fans and manager.

1 hour ago, Fiale said:

Only at the moment, when Mathews is fit the we're OK. At the moment Little is doing a decent job as a back up. If he can get his early season promotion form back then it's even better. I imagine that we are still looking for another RB , if not for Jan then maybe in the summer.

Archived