IGNORED

Are you only part of the problem or are you all of it?

The dastardly red

What are your feelings on the march towards a time when we only care about ourselves and those closest to us? Or are we pretty much there already? Let's not pretend that this Tory government isn't anything but the raising of a drawbridge, so with that as a given fact, I'm interested to know what the OTIB community thinks. Does the care you have for yourself and your loved ones extend to other people who have the same hopes and fears as you and yours?
We all clap for a minute for a fellow fan

52 minutes ago, The dastardly red said:

What are your feelings on the march towards a time when we only care about ourselves and those closest to us? Or are we pretty much there already? Let's not pretend that this Tory government isn't anything but the raising of a drawbridge, so with that as a given fact, I'm interested to know what the OTIB community thinks. Does the care you have for yourself and your loved ones extend to other people who have the same hopes and fears as you and yours?

Are you a 40-50 year old male?

Right now you are vulnerable.

Uncle TFR

1 hour ago, The dastardly red said:

Well it's not really fact, so your off to a poor start there, it's just your opinion - I would also suggest this is more for the politics sub forum if you want a honest debate as that's the only place on this site where you can get down and dirty with people as it's kinda mod free so people can engage without getting / hurting other people feelings.

Any way I would say we live in a conservative country, and that if anything people are becoming more and more outgoing - but in a censorship group-think kind of way...  anyway - over to the politics sub forum with you... begone foul thread !

2 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Well it's not really fact, so your off to a poor start there, it's just your opinion - I would also suggest this is more for the politics sub forum if you want a honest debate as that's the only place on this site where you can get down and dirty with people as it's kinda mod free so people can engage without getting / hurting other people feelings.

Any way I would say we live in a conservative country, and that if anything people are becoming more and more outgoing - but in a censorship group-think kind of way...  anyway - over to the politics sub forum with you... begone foul thread !

Thanks mate, don't know how I can bump this into the politics area though......and it is fact by the way x

16 minutes ago, Fiale said:

just copied and pasted in the politics sub forum! Simple as that. Cheers mucker

On 9/25/2016 at 19:01, The dastardly red said:

Any opinion or do you just do clever jokes?

DO NOT ever: EVER call me clever again on this forum.

If you can do this, then we can remain friends, OK?

To answer you question directly, you indicate the break-down of the very moral fibre of society. 

Collective responsibility?

This means we all contribute, and we all indirectly (and directly) care for everyone in society, yes? It should not be for the pious few to give generously, we all need to.

Equally there is an onus on everyone to contribute, and not to take when they need not.

You need both of these things for a society to function.

During a lifetime, we would be very lucky not to either need to 'take out' or have some support or help. Often this does not involve money, but basic 'help' even kindness. 

What angers me is a lack of empathy in society i.e. it has not happened to me, so I literally don't care. However, at the same time, 'if it did happen to me, I would be mortified, and demand society's assistance'.

Call it moral. Call it civilisation.

Is our society broken? Probably yes.

Uncle TFR

Ahem :preacher:

Ladies??

........ According to the Radio Times, Ross goes full frontal in this Sunday's episode.

As we know, Poldark IS screened after the watershed, so it could be worth a look.

Just giving everyone a 'heads-up'.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

On ‎27‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 17:58, Taxi for Rennie said:

DO NOT ever: EVER call me clever again on this forum.

If you can do this, then we can remain friends, OK?

To answer you question directly, you indicate the break-down of the very moral fibre of society. 

Collective responsibility?

This means we all contribute, and we all indirectly (and directly) care for everyone in society, yes? It should not be for the pious few to give generously, we all need to.

Equally there is an onus on everyone to contribute, and not to take when they need not.

You need both of these things for a society to function.

During a lifetime, we would be very lucky not to either need to 'take out' or have some support or help. Often this does not involve money, but basic 'help' even kindness. 

What angers me is a lack of empathy in society i.e. it has not happened to me, so I literally don't care. However, at the same time, 'if it did happen to me, I would be mortified, and demand society's assistance'.

Call it moral. Call it civilisation.

Is our society broken? Probably yes.

Uncle TFR

Love you Unk.  You are always there for me :wub::banana:

1 hour ago, Taxi for Rennie said:

Ahem :preacher:

Ladies??

........ According to the Radio Times, Ross goes full frontal in this Sunday's episode.

As we know, Poldark IS screened after the watershed, so it could be worth a look.

Just giving everyone a 'heads-up'.

:thumbsup:

Uncle TFR

Why did I post this on this thread, instead of the Poldark thread??

Must be pasty poisoning affecting me hands.

:blink:

Uncle TFR

Archived