IGNORED

just back from the gate

cityred exile

Considering we have 13 new signings  did anybody note that there was 8 players involved again  from the double winning squad  ?    And all these  under L J  have all improved  and  are now established  championship  players  and in the side on merit   I reckon that was the 1 time this season  we have been  unchanged   and so it should be after a 4  0 win                   I Give my markings on the performance  for what its worth again tonight            Fielding 7  Little 7 Flint 8 Maggs 7 Bryan 7     Reid 8  Pack 8    Patterson 7  Freeman 8       Tomlin 7   Tammy 6        Moore 7 O Neill 6  Wilbraham 7      L J ( For Team Selection , tactics  , Use of subs  etc  )  9    Bring on the Florist !

• Admin
6 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Tomlin' was at least an 8 for me tbh. He is really starting to get into this season now. Hes gonna really start punishing teams shortly.

Agree with this, is all round performance is improving game by game at the moment, and is adding so much more than just being a goal scorer

3 minutes ago, phantom said:

Agree with this, is all round performance is improving game by game at the moment, and is adding so much more than just being a goal scorer

not just his, the whole squad,

Flints blip seems to of passed, we are keeping clean sheets, creating numerous chances, odds are another fulham being on the cards soon

5 hours ago, The New Gate said:

Banned Saturday though 

And then 2 weeks off. 

8 hours ago, cityred exile said:

Considering we have 13 new signings  did anybody note that there was 8 players involved again  from the double winning squad  ?    And all these  under L J  have all improved  and  are now established  championship  players  and in the side on merit   I reckon that was the 1 time this season  we have been  unchanged   and so it should be after a 4  0 win                   I Give my markings on the performance  for what its worth again tonight            Fielding 7  Little 7 Flint 8 Maggs 7 Bryan 7     Reid 8  Pack 8    Patterson 7  Freeman 8       Tomlin 7   Tammy 6        Moore 7 O Neill 6  Wilbraham 7      L J ( For Team Selection , tactics  , Use of subs  etc  )  9    Bring on the Florist !

I'm not entirely sure we can say Little is either established as a Champ player or there on merit. That said, he looked really good last night up till he 'held his hand up' and said he had a bad leg. I'm not sure which was odder, the way Little pulled up as if to say 'I've had enough! Stop!' or their no 18 banging the ball into the Nelson Mandela scaffolding.

Also, we looked dead on our feet after 75 mins, the players were knackered after Fullum. Not sure what the point is of having a squad if not to freshen things up for Sat/Tue games. You could say keep a winning team, you could say give someone a rest. For me, we got away with Joe Bryan looking like an 80 year-old for the last 10 mins as their winger had him on toast. Why Johnson has decided Golbourne isn't good enough, I don't know. I'd have put Golbourne in from the start, but there we are. I'm clueless. Obviously.

1 hour ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Also, we looked dead on our feet after 75 mins, the players were knackered after Fullum. Not sure what the point is of having a squad if not to freshen things up for Sat/Tue games. You could say keep a winning team, you could say give someone a rest. For me, we got away with Joe Bryan looking like an 80 year-old for the last 10 mins as their winger had him on toast. Why Johnson has decided Golbourne isn't good enough, I don't know. I'd have put Golbourne in from the start, but there we are. I'm clueless. Obviously.

I was surprised there were no changes from Saturday , whatever the result. Shame Big mouth strikes again and he misses Saturday as I think there would have been a couple of changes anyway.  Not sure if Mathews is near ready , although I think Little mentioned he was close in his  pre-match. Golbourne should come in along with Odowda. Oneil and Pack will probably start with Reid pushing up to cover for Tomlin. Brownhill and Engval could do with a run out but I doubt LJ will want to make many changes. With a good rest over the next couple of days they'll all be ready , so I guess it's down to how Lee sees Forest. They score a lot but concede more , 3 draws 2 defeats in their last games gives me hope of continuing the run. 

It's the first time I've seen so many out on their feet, really shows how much they put into the last couple of games.

Archived