IGNORED

Next England manager

On 28 September 2016 at 12:24, BigTone said:

Agreed.  I can see Obscene Whinger getting it with Howe moving to Arsenal.

I could see that happening. 

I just hope Bournemouth aren't then looking for another young, up & coming English manager..! 

On 28 September 2016 at 13:33, EnderMB said:

I'd maybe consider doing the unthinkable and offering Big Sam the England job in March when this has all died down. Offer him a Championship manager's wages as punishment (at most, a quarter of what he was earning before), and add the following prerequisites:

• Four year contract, to give the FA time to implement a plan to boost coaching in the country over five years
  • Out of the group state at the World Cup
  • A pivotal role in tripling the number of English coaches in the game within the next ten years.
  • Promoting English coaching abroad, to ensure that new coaches can land work outside of England if they cannot secure it here.

Out of all the possibilities that could happen with the England job, this is most definitely not one of them.

Would of chose Hoddle for the first 4 games and see how that goes, Southgate not enough experience and not much success as a manager, Howe is good and can see him as a future England manager but just too early for him, Bruce well he shouldn't even be on the shortlist.

The FA will no doubt play it safe and keep Southgate on until Wenger is ready to take over, i just feel Hoddle's coaching qualities would be best for England right now.

Don't want a foreign manager but we are really really short on quality managers.

I really don't understand why some people have this problem with a foreign manager for England.

The players on the pitch are still English and if it takes a foreigner to kick their overpaid butts into shape and turn them into a decent team then surely that would be welcomed.

Don't hear many England rugby union fans moaning about Eddie Jones.

21 minutes ago, RedDave said:

What have you got against Germans?

Absolutely nothing at all. I love the country and its people and have spent a lot of time there and have German friends and my great grandfather was German. So no agenda at all.  

But I'm sure you'll agree that we have history and a certain rivalry on the football pitch with the Germans and if the tables were ever turned (not that they would in a million years) I'd find it hilarious that they had an English manager. Just think it would be highly embarrassing and admitting defeat.  

5 minutes ago, lenred said:

Absolutely nothing at all. I love the country and its people and have spent a lot of time there and have German friends and my great grandfather was German. So no agenda at all.  

But I'm sure you'll agree that we have history and a certain rivalry on the football pitch with the Germans and if the tables were ever turned (not that they would in a million years) I'd find it hilarious that they had an English manager. Just think it would be highly embarrassing and admitting defeat. That OK with you? 

Course.  Just asking why you don't want a German as you gave no explanation.

I don't care what nationality our manager is as long as we win a tournament in next 20 years.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

I really don't understand why some people have this problem with a foreign manager for England.

The players on the pitch are still English and if it takes a foreigner to kick their overpaid butts into shape and turn them into a decent team then surely that would be welcomed.

1 hour ago, Top Robin said:

Klinsmann's the man.....get him in.

Archived