IGNORED

and that other bit when bobby reid barged chris wood

EnclosureSurge

Me included, I've oft thought Reid is a bit (wait for it) lightweight (go!) and, no matter how many close ups of his muscles I'm shown, he's still shorter and thinner and tiddlier than many opposing midfielders and, of course, centre-halves. 

But when he legitimately shoulder barged Chris Wood in front of the home dugout in the 2nd half last night...and won the ball...was a sight to behold. Great stuff. "Long may it continue", is, I believe, the mot du jour here.

Shame his shot - on 1m35s below - wasn't as good as the one at Fullum. Still, he can't score with every shot, eh?! Paterson's ball to him wasn't as inch perfect as Tomlin's to Pack. The way Tomlin keeps their backtracking bloke guessing till he nearly ties his own legs in knots is wonderful. Paterson, below, probably knackered, doesn't quite put the ball in Reid's stride pattern well enough, see how Reid has to adjust a little. Tiny things like that, as anyone who plays football will know, um, make a difference...hang on I seem to be comparing myself to the First XI here...er...anyway...how bout that shoulder barge, eh?!

5 minutes ago, EnclosureSurge said:

But when he legitimately shoulder barged Chris Wood in front of the home dugout in the 2nd half last night...and won the ball...was a sight to behold. Great stuff. "Long may it continue", is, I believe, the mot du jour here.

Don't be silly, it's the" word of the day", you're thinking of !  :cool:

0:15 seconds  he gets back, kicks the ball a little wide giving our defenders time to get back

0.28 A perfect pass and should have been a goal, when you see players making these types of passes every game (and he does) you know he has talent

shame the pass to him forced him to check and go to the right more, but a good run..

thing is he does this stuff the whole game, damned man crush coming out again !

2 hours ago, EnclosureSurge said:

Me included, I've oft thought Reid is a bit (wait for it) lightweight (go!) and, no matter how many close ups of his muscles I'm shown, he's still shorter and thinner and tiddlier than many opposing midfielders and, of course, centre-halves. 

Shame his shot - on 1m35s below - wasn't as good as the one at Fullum. Still, he can't score with every shot, eh?! Paterson's ball to him wasn't as inch perfect as Tomlin's to Pack. The way Tomlin keeps their backtracking bloke guessing till he nearly ties his own legs in knots is wonderful. Paterson, below, probably knackered, doesn't quite put the ball in Reid's stride pattern well enough, see how Reid has to adjust a little. Tiny things like that, as anyone who plays football will know, um, make a difference...hang on I seem to be comparing myself to the First XI here...er...anyway...how bout that shoulder barge, eh?!

That is the mark of quality - the ability to time and weight the pass perfectly.  Ditto for Freeman v Fulham.  I think most defenders think Tomlin's ego will mean he'll go for the spectacular, but he appreciates the higher percentage option.  

He's a lovely break now.  Hope he doesn't take a couple of games to get up to speed!

Archived