IGNORED

Lee Johnson next England Manager after we qualify for Europa league?

Acton Red

I have just worked out that LJ is the seventh best current English manager in English football. The list is Pardew, Phelan, Dyche, Howe, Hughton, Smith, our very own little genius.....The real story is the sad state of English management and the current scandal does not help.

5 minutes ago, Fiale said:

Just have my fingers crossed that he's not one of the stories.

Indeed. I think he wasn't involved but some people may think 'guilty by association' seeing as LJ worked with Tommy Wright at Barnsley and offered him a job here. Let's be fair, LJ is a property developer outside of football with a large portfolio by the sounds of it, so he wouldn't really need to take bungs.

Still reckon Howe is one of the best English managers out there. 12/1 on the sack race for the next England manager. I reckon that's a fair bet.

Given the sheer amount of unemployment, the number of people graduating with degrees in some kind of sports science and psychology, and the lack of coaches, you'd think the FA would piece this together?

Offer the England job to someone on a part-time basis, alongside their club duties if need be, and use the Big Sam contract money (around £12m) to fund the coaching badges for anyone outside of football that wants to get involved in it. In ten years time, we'll see a good crop of English coaches that have earned their way through youth football and into first-team management. We'd go from having one of the worst records for coaching numbers/costs to the best.

Archived