IGNORED

Our Jamie

cityred exile

Leading up to the Forest  match     Don't want to put pressure  on J P  but would not in the slightest surprise me that his first goal  will come on Saturday ,   How often do players score against there ex employers ,  He is certainly due !         Up until the last 4 matches played it  as been good to get more names on the scoring sheet  !   Add yours Jamie :chant6ez:

9 minutes ago, cityred exile said:

Leading up to the Forest  match     Don't want to put pressure  on J P  but would not in the slightest surprise me that his first goal  will come on Saturday ,   How often do players score against there ex employers ,  He is certainly due !         Up until the last 4 matches played it  as been good to get more names on the scoring sheet  !   Add yours Jamie :chant6ez:

I`m not sure how often it happens generally but we seem to have got out of jail over the years with former players coming back. I can only remember Brett Pitman and Greg Cunningham at AG and Kilkenny at Deepdale last season and before that it`s been ages since one of our old players scored against us. I think you have to go back to Mickey Bell getting one for someone, can`t remember who (and not celebrating it) or if you count loan players, Patrick Agyemang got one for QPR a few years ago after he`d been on loan earlier.

We certainly don`t seem cursed by it anyway.

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I`m not sure how often it happens generally but we seem to have got out of jail over the years with former players coming back. I can only remember Brett Pitman and Greg Cunningham at AG and Kilkenny at Deepdale last season and before that it`s been ages since one of our old players scored against us. I think you have to go back to Mickey Bell getting one for someone, can`t remember who (and not celebrating it) or if you count loan players, Patrick Agyemang got one for QPR a few years ago after he`d been on loan earlier.

Edit. Forgot bloody Baldock - twice last season!

4 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Baldock  !

9 hours ago, eardun said:

I'd like to see Paterson in the 10 position on Sat given Tomlin's suspension, with O'Dowda coming in on the right. Think he could do well there. I have a feeling though that LJ may bring O'Neil in and push Bobby forward to 10 instead.

Think Reid being pushed forward is the likely reshuffle Saturday

1 hour ago, daored said:

Think Reid being pushed forward is the likely reshuffle Saturday

Agree, but LJ keeps surprising us.  That's probably what I'd do.  I think he'll want to bring GON back in.  Funny on Tuesday that GON had little influence when he came on.  Thought he would come to the fore as we closed the game out, but it didn't happen.

But I could also see him playing JP there, moving Freeman right, Bryan to LM, and Golbourne back into LB.. The beauty of options and a squad.

16 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Lita ?

5 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Nicky ******* Maynard!!!

9 hours ago, Fodbarmyarmy said:

Wayne Alison........

9 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

Matt Smith .

14 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Tony Thorpe

I don`t think any of those has scored against us after they left, maybe before they signed but not after.

31 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think any of those has scored against us after they left, maybe before they signed but not after.

Lita did. I thought Thorpe did too, but now I think he might have just celebrated in front of us after a team mate scored. 

19 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

It's funny the random things/goals you remember.

Mickey Bell's goal against was for Port Vale - bizarrely, a downward header from open play - in a 4-2 victory over us.

I've said all this without checking, of course, so I may well be wrong...

Archived