IGNORED

New Dolman Roof

Colombo Robin

3 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

My first time at the new Ashton Gate tomorrow. Got tickets at the front of the Dolman and just checked the weather. Does the new roof stop the front rows getting soaked like before the rebuild? I'm worried my prawn sandwiches might get soggy.

Prawn sandwiches in the other side if you please Colombo. Us Dolmanites prefer a pasty and a pint!

You can always sample a nice glass of Merlot under the stand though. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, Colombo Robin said:

My first time at the new Ashton Gate tomorrow. Got tickets at the front of the Dolman and just checked the weather. Does the new roof stop the front rows getting soaked like before the rebuild? I'm worried my prawn sandwiches might get soggy.

No. If it's raining, you are getting wet. 

2 hours ago, Colombo Robin said:

if its raining i tend to put the said sandwiches in a plastic bag  and nibble from the said bag:yawn:

19 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

talking about the new Dolman roof, I think that there should be some writing on it. It looks a bit grey at the moment.  I was thinking that "8 men had a dream" would love great on it.  

Eh? I ain't going up there, too bloody high! :no:

In all seriousness, 'ASHTON GATE, BRISTOL'  should be emblazoned across it IMHO. 

46 minutes ago, Sepp Blatter said:

talking about the new Dolman roof, I think that there should be some writing on it. It looks a bit grey at the moment.  I was thinking that "8 men had a dream" would love great on it.  

I think if they were dreaming it would be that they weren't being asked to tear up lucrative contracts.  Basically they got the shaft, but had the decency to help ensure no one else did. There should be some acknowledgement of this somewhere in the ground.

28 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I think if they were dreaming it would be that they weren't being asked to tear up lucrative contracts.  Basically they got the shaft, but had the decency to help ensure no one else did. There should be some acknowledgement of this somewhere in the ground.

There is....by the current players entrance.  Though it maybe should be moved to be somewhere more prominent.  Possibly by the clock in the Concourse, perhaps?

2 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Never understood the '8 men had a dream lyric' it's a bit like dreaming to being made redundant with no pay off, more of a nightmare to be honest.

'8 men saved our team,

so that we could dream, 

tore there contracts up, so we could carry on.'

etc...

5 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

They've barely enough space for what they already sell!

I heard they can sell things in the Sky air atmosphere cloud nowadays with unlimited item shelf storage - hoping that BCFC wake up and utilize the space.

Archived