IGNORED

Paul Cheesley

Iron Acton Red

2 minutes ago, FramptonRed said:

Met him at half time in south stand concourse.Really nice guy,got talking about his header against Arsenal at highbury in 76.

Also saw David Pleat outside stadium,like to know why he was at game today.

Think David Pleat is involved with Forest.

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

I'll always remember that turning volley he scored for England against Belgium. 

I enjoyed the David Platt goal even more! (I'll give myself a woosh if I've missed the joke)

8 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I enjoyed the David Platt goal even more! (I'll give myself a woosh if I've missed the joke)

In all seriousness, I absolutely adore the way Pleat refers to players by their Christian names during commentary as if he knows them. Lovely stuff. 

Cheese was a beast of a striker and such bad luck for him and of course BCFC that he was struck down so early in his career. ..when you look at what was around at the time,.I believe , he was the best striker in the country when he was injured, .......super mac was supposed to be but he was nowhere near cheese for awareness and hunger ....a massive what if .... 

11 hours ago, glynriley said:

The word 'legend' gets thrown around far too often for people who don't deserve it.....

Paul Cheesley is not one of those...

Bona fide 

Think he is for many of us.

I also think this is because what many us think he would have gone to achieve were it not for his injury.

The funny thing is that had he continued his form with City he would almost certainly, and quickly, moved to one of the big clubs.

Had that happened, he would have probably still been highly regarded as one of the promotion team, but doubt he would have now come close to legend status.

Archived