IGNORED

Lamine Kone - Sunderland

Tipps69

Not City related & no we aren't in for him (thank God)!!

Anyone see this guy's performance (albeit on MOTD)?

For someone that they signed for £5m in January & then come the summer he wanted out (to Everton) for £15m+ & has a new contract just a few months after joining (for £50k p/w), he's shocking or he's just not up for the fight!!

Was slow & just ran alongside Chadli for WBA's goal & then there are numerous clips of him pulling away & holding his hands up (like a school girl if the ball came close to her in the playground) & just no will to put his body on the line or desire to defend!! New contract? I'd be living in hope someone will come in for him if I was a Sunderland fan or anyone to do with the club!!

I hope this is the sort of gutless, money grabber that we can avoid in the future!!

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Weren't we looking at him at one point?

I think a few posters may of mentioned him as a possible signing because of us signing JK from a similar position, not sure there was any evidence that the club were actually in for him though.

Maybe it's just me & granted my experience of Kone is from MOTD but he seemed far away from being a £20m player & I guess one of a couple of things could now be the case, 1) He has got his pay rise & new contract so doesn't feel the need to perform. 2) He's more than a little peeved that he didn't get his move to Everton (which he basically went on strike over although it was claimed he had a bad back) or 3) He is just a poor player who has no desire or fight in him for a relegation battle. But if I was him, I'd be knuckling down & trying to show everyone how good I am in the hope of maybe attracting the interest of a better club in the future because if I was involved in football & had £20m or so to spend on a centre half, the last player I'd be looking to sign is Kone!!

I know players have an off day once in a while but not one thing I seen from him was something that I'd be happy with from Sunday League player, let alone a Premier League player!!

44 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

Maybe it's just me & granted my experience of Kone is from MOTD but he seemed far away from being a £20m player & I guess one of a couple of things could now be the case, 1) He has got his pay rise & new contract so doesn't feel the need to perform. 2) He's more than a little peeved that he didn't get his move to Everton (which he basically went on strike over although it was claimed he had a bad back) or 3) He is just a poor player who has no desire or fight in him for a relegation battle. But if I was him, I'd be knuckling down & trying to show everyone how good I am in the hope of maybe attracting the interest of a better club in the future because if I was involved in football & had £20m or so to spend on a centre half, the last player I'd be looking to sign is Kone!!

I know players have an off day once in a while but not one thing I seen from him was something that I'd be happy with from Sunday League player, let alone a Premier League player!!

He played well last season and was one of the reasons they stayed up. Koeman is no fool but Kone has been sulking since Moyes refused to sell him. He clearly doesn't give a toss.

He is exactly the type of player I'd be worried of signing were we to one day make it to the Prem. 

If we were to achieve promotion under LJ I hope we'd persist with the present approach towards player recruitment rather than buy either fading stars, such as Glen Johnson (I know he's just been selected for the England squad, I just don't know why) or money-grabbing wastrels such as Kone, Bassong, Adebayor etc. If that approach sees us relegated after one season then so be it. I'd much prefer us to try to succeed using a fresh, innovative approach rather than by wasting ££££'s on millionaire journeymen.

In truth, I only really want us to get to the Prem for the stupid money (well ok, and the kudos and the joy of winning any promotion) but I've no real desire to remain long-term in that 'Otherworld'. Stay a couple of seasons then return 'home'. I've always preferred the prospect of City as a competitive, challenging second division club than as a perennially struggling first division one. 1976-80 gave us some fun and memorable occasions but brought with it a lot of disappointment and debt. 

4 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

He is exactly the type of player I'd be worried of signing were we to one day make it to the Prem. 

If we were to achieve promotion under LJ I hope we'd persist with the present approach towards player recruitment rather than buy either fading stars, such as Glen Johnson (I know he's just been selected for the England squad, I just don't know why) or money-grabbing wastrels such as Kone, Bassong, Adebayor etc. If that approach sees us relegated after one season then so be it. I'd much prefer us to try to succeed using a fresh, innovative approach rather than by wasting ££££'s on millionaire journeymen.

In truth, I only really want us to get to the Prem for the stupid money (well ok, and the kudos and the joy of winning any promotion) but I've no real desire to remain long-term in that 'Otherworld'. Stay a couple of seasons then return 'home'. I've always preferred the prospect of City as a competitive, challenging second division club than as a perennially struggling first division one. 1976-80 gave us some fun and memorable occasions but brought with it a lot of disappointment and debt. 

This was Kone's first foray into the big time, so to get above his station in about 6 months seems a bit strange to me but then again it only took JK a year before he became aware that he could earn much more money somewhere else & seeing as they've come from similar places, maybe I shouldn't be so surprised?!? 

3 minutes ago, Tipps69 said:

This was Kone's first foray into the big time, so to get above his station in about 6 months seems a bit strange to me but then again it only took JK a year before he became aware that he could earn much more money somewhere else & seeing as they've come from similar places, maybe I shouldn't be so surprised?!? 

Finding the right DNA is important after all.

Archived