IGNORED

Wilbs and Two Up Top

shelts

I think Lee is using Wilbraham  well. He has scored some goals and is conserving those old legs and head well for when it is most needed.

I think Wilbraham has a lot to give this team if used in the correct manner... and not ran into the ground the way Cotterell was using him.

The way LJ is utilising wilbs this season makes him a completely different player to the one who we saw during the first half of last season, he is just as valuable off the bench as any other player in the team and gives us a couple more options when things aren't working. 

Just seems to make us more efficient and assertive as a team and he definitely deserves credit for his performances this season

I love wilbs this season, if tammy is getting bullied on comes wilbs and to be fair hes a proper dirty niggly bastard to the opposition, always in their ear winding  them up, little digs here and there, very strong and physical, exactly what we need, I hope he can be replaced with someone like for like next season when he moves on as we need somebody to do that role when required as we are still a bit to "nice" at times.

3 minutes ago, tts_city said:

I love wilbs this season, if tammy is getting bullied on comes wilbs and to be fair hes a proper dirty niggly bastard to the opposition, always in their ear winding  them up, little digs here and there, very strong and physical, exactly what we need, I hope he can be replaced with someone like for like next season when he moves on as we need somebody to do that role when required as we are still a bit to "nice" at times.

I'm not so confident he will be gone next season. I guess we will see. Does anyone know if his games trigger is active for this season?

As good as TA is, he just doesn't occupy defenders like Wilbs yet. What I mean is that defenders get close to TA. Wilbs gets close to defenders(closer than close). TA will need to add that to his game but he's got time. AW takes loads of pressure off TA when he plays with him because he can do the dirty work for TA to express himself more freely. We all called for this role for AW last year and this is why. He's got lots to give if it's for 30 minutes at a time. 

1 hour ago, shelts said:

I thought Wilbs was a massive part of the reason we came from behind yesterday to win.  He and Tammy looked tidy together and in particular Tammy looked less isolated playing off/ with Wilbs. 

Spot on. Without the creativity of Tomlin, I think we need two strikers to give us that extra bite.

Talking of LT,  it was a crying shame he wasn't there to take that free kick right on the edge of their box. Those kicks are meat and drink to him.

Archived