IGNORED

Windass (Merged)

WarksRobin

3 hours ago, WesM said:

Said it elsewhere and I'll say it again here. I must be one of the few city fans who felt no ill will to Windass or Hull after the play-off final. I was quite apathetic about the whole thing. We had our chances, didn't take them, they took theirs and scored a worldy.

Genuinely sorry to hear he has his own demons now, as I would be anyone with illness.

I agree with that. He just happened to score the winning goal (and a blinder it was too) 

I won't be sending him a Christmas card, but I don't wish him ill either. 

33 minutes ago, B1ackbird said:

It had the shi****t ending of any film ever, probably..

The film It was another from a Steven King book, as far as I can remember, they ran out of money because they got John boy Walton out of retirement, to shoot most of the scenes in a Library.

the clown ( who wasn't drunk ) turned out to be a spider, for some reason, who was controlled by fishing line...

11 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

You lucky, lucky bastard !

Really? I have the 'honour' of living about a mile from her and she must be one of the most despised celebrities there's ever been. 

She was asked to open her village's summer fete and told the committee members to contact her agent. What a****. 

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit sad that I've seen some of our fans enjoying this news. What's he done exactly? Scored a goal against us in a playoff final and had some banter about it on twitter.. who cares? Hope he recovers.

He scored a great goal for his team, and now years later some people are pleased that he is unwell?  

Hoped we might have been a bit better than that.

13 hours ago, Spoons said:

Surely never too early to get promoted to them prem?? Even if we would have got relegated straight away it would have meant we would of had a better chance of becoming a established championship team with the benefits of parachute payments.

I still feel if we got promoted in 2008 that the council would have backed Ashton vale as well?? 

The council did back Ashton Vale.

4 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

Really? I have the 'honour' of living about a mile from her and she must be one of the most despised celebrities there's ever been. 

She was asked to open her village's summer fete and told the committee members to contact her agent. What a****. 

Don't care. I still defo would

As for Windass, sorry to hear he has problems. As with most City fans I can't hate him for doing his job, as others have said, he scored a worldie, at Wembley to take his home town team into the big time. If you haven't wished you could do that then I'd be surprised. He was getting some serious 'bantz' on twitter when he suggested he was going to put his boots back on for the League Cup game. He was loving it, and loving the attention he got from the Hull & R*vers fans. Fair play to the bloke

• Admin
11 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Bit sad that I've seen some of our fans enjoying this news. What's he done exactly? Scored a goal against us in a playoff final and had some banter about it on twitter.. who cares? Hope he recovers.

4 hours ago, 42nite said:

He scored a great goal for his team, and now years later some people are pleased that he is unwell?  

Hoped we might have been a bit better than that.

Problem I have with him, at every opportunity since that final he's taken the piss, be it on TV on social media or in the press, for me the night he turned up as a guest at Rovers went a long way past the lines of "banter" - ok the Sags are equally to blame here, but he's never played for us, has no connection with us

Not sure why I or others should feel any need to feel sorry for him, he had the opportunity of lifetime being a pro-footballer but ultimately for whatever reason has screwed that up

There are a lot more people in this world who deserve our sympathy - sorry to say Dean Windass is a long way down that list for me !

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Problem I have with him, at every opportunity since that final he's taken the piss, be it on TV on social media or in the press, for me the night he turned up as a guest at Rovers went a long way past the lines of "banter" - ok the Sags are equally to blame here, but he's never played for us, has no connection with us

Not sure why I or others should feel any need to feel sorry for him, he had the opportunity of lifetime being a pro-footballer but ultimately for whatever reason has screwed that up

There are a lot more people in this world who deserve our sympathy - sorry to say Dean Windass is a long way down that list for me !

It's not the sympathy thing,  it's the joy that some might show that I can't understand.

But maybe these people have no experience of depression, whether it be themselves or someone  close to them  

20 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

And what a goal it was, remind us how your second tier playoff final went.....oh yeah...forgot.......your shit.....but still :

How you actually fell out of the football league .

:clap::rofl2br::clapping:

And to do it in their own away kit too! Wonderful day.

On 03/10/2016 at 17:29, Tomarse said:

I always respected him for the concern he showed about Orrs injury. It's quite possible he wouldn't have scored if Orr wasn't in that state but he showed a lot of care for a fellow professional that day.

re cash flow maybe the blue few could organise a few more evenings with him?:facepalm:

It's a shame he didn't spot the injury earlier and Orr's replacement could have stuck his head in the way of that shot! Anyway, if my auntie had b..............

Archived