IGNORED

The Guardian - The Knowledge

Bristol Rob

Reporter on this says 3 minutes into injury time for Lita's equaliser.

I wasn't at the game. i was at work in a pub and had stormed off for a cigarette when the Teletext had flashed up 4-2 on the pubs TV. No one told me we had won. :facepalm:  I didn't find out until Sunday morning when I picked up a paper.

31 minutes ago, phantom said:

Reckon it was Rectum away, this was the Mansfield line up

Phillips; Coles (Lita 80), Butler, Hill; Murray, Burnell, Tinnion, A. Brown (Rosenior 48), Bell; Roberts, Beadle.

Subs: Clist, Fortune, Foster.

I remember the girl getting smacked in the face,

didnt it happen twice?

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

I remember the girl getting smacked in the face,

didnt it happen twice?

Might have done but it definitely happened at Mansfield and it was definitely Foster who did it. He was very nice about going over to make sure she was OK.

1 hour ago, BCFC_Dan said:

Might have done but it definitely happened at Mansfield and it was definitely Foster who did it. He was very nice about going over to make sure she was OK.

i remember it happening it was in a direct line in front of me, he really belted it

2 hours ago, North London Red said:

I also remember Mansfield fans singing 'can we play you every week' when it went to 4-2. 

I was on a CATS coach that day. The Mansfield fans really weren't happy after the final whistle and it was tense in the car park - so much so that the policeman in charge of match day policing stepped onto our coach and said 'the next person to make any sort of hand gestures to the Mansfield fans is nicked'. 

I was on the coaches too that day, remember one of the Mansfield fans lobbing a traffic cone at the window! Fortunately it bounced straight off!

2 hours ago, BS15_RED said:

Me too!

You could have been one the many randoms that I hugged at full time!

Hopefully you weren't the odd bloke that tried to come on to me on the train back he (was presumptious becuase I'm male and was wearing football shirt with a four pack of beer in front of me). 

His approach was to pat my leg and say "I think it's important to experiment...".

Bizarrely, I responded like Charlie Higson's gardener in the Fast Show : "Yes, well I wouldn't know about that kind of thing..."

2 hours ago, mozo said:

You could have been one the many randoms that I hugged at full time!

Hopefully you weren't the odd bloke that tried to come on to me on the train back he (was presumptious becuase I'm male and was wearing football shirt with a four pack of beer in front of me). 

His approach was to pat my leg and say "I think it's important to experiment...".

Bizarrely, I responded like Charlie Higson's gardener in the Fast Show : "Yes, well I wouldn't know about that kind of thing..."

Not me matey, I was on coach that day!

Those last few minutes of that Mansfield game were fantastic. At 4-2 we were being goaded by their fans (the atmosphere had been quite spicy all afternoon), Tinman got what looked like a consolation goal ("Too little too late" I remember thinking) and then - mayhem. Absolutely brilliant. When we got back on the CATs coach after the game my wife (normally quite placid at football) was so pumped up she momentarily wanted to climb back out to join in the fracas in the car park. I still tease her about that moment now.

Archived