IGNORED

Our friends at Preston

Monkeh

Just had a read on their forum. It appears to be damage to external fixtures and fittings and the seating areas are unaffected, not that it makes it any better. I've got a lot of time for PNE and am hoping they catch the little sods who are doing this.

Imagine the fury if the new Gate was subjected to similar?

45 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

Just had a read on their forum. It appears to be damage to external fixtures and fittings and the seating areas are unaffected, not that it makes it any better. I've got a lot of time for PNE and am hoping they catch the little sods who are doing this.

Imagine the fury if the new Gate was subjected to similar?

lucky for us the Gas never seem to turn up this side of the river...........

Damage isn't occurring on match days, it's local Deepdale 'youths' (yobs) doing it.

Lots of the 'spotlights' in the ground that light up the car park and the Finney 'Splash' statue have been smashed in, one of the security guards at the ground has been subject to numerous threats of violence, and most recently and very seriously, fires have been started which is why there's now a public appeal.

Although to a visitor the area around the ground may look quite nice with the leafy green park next to it, Deepdale's now actually quite a rough area and the quite big group of local yobs with nothing better to do seem to have begun targeting the club.

I just don't understand the mentality of these idiots. Why, when your city has a nice modern football stadium, would you want to go and smash things up outside it, threaten staff, causing trouble etc. It's absolutely pathetic.

2 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Damage isn't occurring on match days, it's local Deepdale 'youths' (yobs) doing it.

Lots of the 'spotlights' in the ground that light up the car park and the Finney 'Splash' statue have been smashed in, one of the security guards at the ground has been subject to numerous threats of violence, and most recently and very seriously, fires have been started which is why there's now a public appeal.

Although to a visitor the area around the ground may look quite nice with the leafy green park next to it, Deepdale's now actually quite a rough area and the quite big group of local yobs with nothing better to do seem to have begun targeting the club.

I just don't understand the mentality of these idiots. Why, when your city has a nice modern football stadium, would you want to go and smash things up outside it, threaten staff, causing trouble etc. It's absolutely pathetic.

Why do any of these bellends do anything like this - see something nice and destroy it. It`s the way of the world my friend. I did a fair bit of work around Deepdale for a housing association about ten years ago and to be fair, it did seem quite a nice area then but don`t know what it`s like now obviously.

Hopefully they catch them and hopefully nothing worse than threats happen to your security chaps.

Perhaps when they catch them they could lead them out on to the pitch at half time so you can let them know what you think of them.

3 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Seems crazy to me that anyone from their Town/City should feel the need to damage their ground although it can/do happen in 2 club city's, do the local youths not support PNE?

4 hours ago, pnefcok said:

Very sad to hear. Preston is one of the friendlier places I've been and in defence of that area, I've been in the Charnock "Hotel" (for those who haven't, it's a tiny terraced pub in one of the side streets just off the park, almost indistinguishable from terraced houses it sits among) and between its' owners and PNE fans in there, there could not be a more friendly and welcoming place in the league. Made the trip again midweek last season partly on the strength of knowing it would be such a pleasant experience. Can't imagine for a second* what would make "locals" want to spoil their own neighbourhood.

2 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

I did a fair bit of work around Deepdale for a housing association about ten years ago and to be fair, it did seem quite a nice area then but don`t know what it`s like now obviously.

It's quite strange really, if you head 5-10 minutes down the road past the ground there's some lovely areas but the immediate surrounding Deepdale area really isn't the nicest these days. The park in particular seems to have a lot of these idiot vandals hanging around it.

1 hour ago, harrys said:

do the local youths not support PNE?

It would seem not - given the smashing up of things, threats and starting of fires. Perhaps that's something the club need to think about. Do more to get the local population into the ground on match days and supporting PNE.

44 minutes ago, Olé said:

Very sad to hear. Preston is one of the friendlier places I've been and in defence of that area, I've been in the Charnock "Hotel" (for those who haven't, it's a tiny terraced pub in one of the side streets just off the park, almost indistinguishable from terraced houses it sits among) and between its' owners and PNE fans in there, there could not be a more friendly and welcoming place in the league. Made the trip again midweek last season partly on the strength of knowing it would be such a pleasant experience. Can't imagine for a second* what would make "locals" want to spoil their own neighbourhood.

I think that may have reopened recently as the Charnock Inn so I need to pop in and see how it's doing.

Only amoebas would do such a thing; dimwits of the highest order.   Military service and public humiliation might add a few brain cells sufficient to scare the living daylights. 

Had a great pre match chat in the 'working mens' club close to Deepdale in our promotion year; invited in by Preston fans. Lovely folk. Not a bad pint of local pale ale either. 

14 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

Only amoebas would do such a thing; dimwits of the highest order.   Military service and public humiliation might add a few brain cells sufficient to scare the living daylights. 

Had a great pre match chat in the 'working mens' club close to Deepdale in our promotion year; invited in by Preston fans. Lovely folk. Not a bad pint of local pale ale either. 

We were equally made very welcome in the local Catholic club

1 hour ago, pnefcok said:

I think that may have reopened recently as the Charnock Inn so I need to pop in and see how it's doing.

Once you have done, would you mind popping back on here and PMing me what it's like? We're midweek again this season so an overnight trip, knowing that place is the same would be an added incentive. Think it was an Everton supporting Scouse family that ran it last two times I was in. The landlady was top class, remembered us from the previous trip in our mutual promotion season.

On 10/5/2016 at 22:06, Olé said:

Once you have done, would you mind popping back on here and PMing me what it's like? We're midweek again this season so an overnight trip, knowing that place is the same would be an added incentive. Think it was an Everton supporting Scouse family that ran it last two times I was in. The landlady was top class, remembered us from the previous trip in our mutual promotion season.

Aye I'm not living locally at the moment but if I do pop in next time I'm at a game I'll let you know how it's doing pal.

Archived