IGNORED

Burns

Ivorguy

If he is getting regular first team football, then he is in a good place.  He does not seem to have been as prolific as I hoped, but his pace is a great asset.  He doesn't seem to know if he is  a winger or a striker.  Shawn McCoulsky  has been scoring plenty of goals this season. He is young, tall and quick - hopefully he will make a breakthrough before long.  Does anyone on here have any reports of his progress?

11 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Doing ok up north,causing problems with his determination and pace-end product the problem..

Always been his problem

We have plenty of options for wing men, what we need is a consistent striker.

Personally feel if he fails to score a decent number, say 10+ this season, he will be shown the door.

Promise unfulfilled?

2 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Always been his problem

Personally feel if he fails to score a decent number, say 10+ this season, he will be shown the door.

Promise unfulfilled?

I thought he just signed a 3 year contract.  They obviously rate him quite highly.

4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Always been his problem

Promise unfulfilled?

Still lots of time, it took Bobby Reid until 22/23 to make a consistent impact on our first team.

Burns is a half decent player but sadly for him unless this loan spell north of the border does wonders for him.

I think he'll be moved on next summer, I cant see him competing for a place in a squad that is trying to gain promotion or dare I say it actually promoted. 

He's done very little so far to suggest he's anything better than a half decent player, saying that he's still young. Best of luck to him. 

1 hour ago, Cider-Head23 said:

Burns is a half decent player but sadly for him unless this loan spell north of the border does wonders for him.

I think he'll be moved on next summer, I cant see him competing for a place in a squad that is trying to gain promotion or dare I say it actually promoted. 

He's done very little so far to suggest he's anything better than a half decent player, saying that he's still young. Best of luck to him. 

Didn't he recently sign a two year contract with an option for a further year to be added on? Surely that's an indication that LJ thinks he has a future here

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

How far down the pecking order is he, now we have scoring strikers in U23s plus Garita and Engvall, and quite likely a new signing in January?

he's ahead of those players, if he was here the pecking order would be,

Tammy

Wilbraham

Engvall

Burns

that's for the striker role not the "number 10" role currently taken by Paterson/Tomlin

33 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

he's ahead of those players, if he was here the pecking order would be,

Tammy

Wilbraham

Engvall

Burns

that's for the striker role not the "number 10" role currently taken by Paterson/Tomlin

That makes him second choice for next season so far(assuming Wilbs goes, which who knows). To be honest, I was expecting more from him so far at Aberdeen. They've been playing him on the wing though as well so he isn't really getting his chance as striker. All that being said, the game time is the most important thing. It doesn't have to be a prolific spell to be effective. In hindsight, Scunthorpe may have been a better option after Aberdeen went out of Europa league. 

9 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

That makes him second choice for next season so far(assuming Wilbs goes, which who knows). To be honest, I was expecting more from him so far at Aberdeen. They've been playing him on the wing though as well so he isn't really getting his chance as striker. All that being said, the game time is the most important thing. It doesn't have to be a prolific spell to be effective. In hindsight, Scunthorpe may have been a better option after Aberdeen went out of Europa league. 

the season is 8 games old (15 games with cup and europe) and aberdeen are second with burns starting 4 in the league and 4 sub appearances  playing mostly on the wing, what more do you expect from him 30 goals and 10 assists so far?

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

the season is 8 games old (15 games with cup and europe) and aberdeen are second with burns starting 4 in the league and 4 sub appearances  playing mostly on the wing, what more do you expect from him 30 goals and 10 assists so far?

No but I expected a few goals and more starts. Even reading the match reports he hasn't made great impacts in most of the games. I don't see what's wrong in expecting better from him. 

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Didn't he recently sign a two year contract with an option for a further year to be added on? Surely that's an indication that LJ thinks he has a future here

Maybe, but it could also be an indicator that if they want to move him on in the summer they will get some money for him. It is not unusual for clubs to extend a players contract just prior to a loan move, the reason is that should the loan go very well and the player creates interest from the loaning club or elsewhere, the parent club are in a strong position.

Archived