IGNORED

McCoulsky

Acton Red

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-wednesday-live-score-updates-matthews-and-smith-set-for-under-23s-return/story-29794150-detail/story.html

Scored for the U-23s last night - "Rather than dwell on the chance that got away, the striker was alive in the box again to meet Joe Morrell’s resulting corner with a well-directed header to find the far corner from eight yards, scoring his third goal in two games following a brace in the win against Southampton last time out." - from the Club site.

11 minutes ago, Acton Red said:

Our Tammy Abraham replacement for 2016/17? Under 23's isnt a bad standard. Maybe he will go on loan in January to see if he can cut it in competitive football.

Send him to Gary Johnson, he seems to rate youngsters, but not youngsters at his own clubs  

42 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Plenty of local teams struggling at the moment - they're likely to be looking for a decent young striker who's been scoring in Championship U23's games.

Hopefully. I was thinking Newport myself. They're in for a fight to stay up and it would be tough for him. I think a loan should be tough and hard work. 

4 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-vs-sheffield-wednesday-live-score-updates-matthews-and-smith-set-for-under-23s-return/story-29794150-detail/story.html

Scored for the U-23s last night - "Rather than dwell on the chance that got away, the striker was alive in the box again to meet Joe Morrell’s resulting corner with a well-directed header to find the far corner from eight yards, scoring his third goal in two games following a brace in the win against Southampton last time out." - from the Club site.

His first header from a corner forced a brilliant save from their keeper, second one gave the keeper no chance.

7 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Not sure if we want to send him into a league two relegation battling team!

I'd send him to Plymouth.. better to play in a good side than bad. 

20 minutes ago, JasonM88 said:

Unfortunately the team acctually ha to want the player on loan for it to happen.

True but they've taken Gartia.. I think on that basis they might happily take him on. 

1 hour ago, Tomarse said:

True but they've taken Gartia.. I think on that basis they might happily take him on. 

With Garita I think they have a solid 4 strikers though. I don't think being in a relegation battle would hinder development. Maybe not ideal but surely game time is more important for such a young player. 

1 hour ago, JoeAman08 said:

With Garita I think they have a solid 4 strikers though. I don't think being in a relegation battle would hinder development. Maybe not ideal but surely game time is more important for such a young player. 

Isnt the point that competitive football is the crucible of telling whether a young player really has what it takes, but that WSM is a league or to low to be an adequate test?

LJ clearly likes De Girolamo and has already said he is close to the first team.

McCoulsky is scoring goals at U23 so you have got to think he is developing. My mate is a Maidenhead season ticket holder (yep they have those) and WSM were pretty well beaten according to him.

Fact is playing in a struggling side and scoring goals is all you can ask of any player. If the above comment about 7 in 12 is accurate (and I have no reason to dispute it without looking t up) that's a decent return and the fact he is playing for our U23s is telling in of itself.

We all know at some point Tammy will need a rest or be suspended or whatever (no jinxing) and competition for the striker role is going to be fierce. Wilbo the two mentioned Lemonheigh-Evans (sorry if I spelled that wrong) plus Tomlin and Patterson. I understand some will think that's not enough experienced firepower if the messiah is out, but even Jimmy Greaves had a debut!

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

LJ clearly likes De Girolamo and has already said he is close to the first team.

McCoulsky is scoring goals at U23 so you have got to think he is developing. My mate is a Maidenhead season ticket holder (yep they have those) and WSM were pretty well beaten according to him.

Fact is playing in a struggling side and scoring goals is all you can ask of any player. If the above comment about 7 in 12 is accurate (and I have no reason to dispute it without looking t up) that's a decent return and the fact he is playing for our U23s is telling in of itself.

We all know at some point Tammy will need a rest or be suspended or whatever (no jinxing) and competition for the striker role is going to be fierce. Wilbo the two mentioned Lemonheigh-Evans (sorry if I spelled that wrong) plus Tomlin and Patterson. I understand some will think that's not enough experienced firepower if the messiah is out, but even Jimmy Greaves had a debut!

There is Garita and Engvall. Not sure if we can recall Garita. Plus new signing in January is likely

Archived