IGNORED

Trying to find old horror films

Fiale

When I was young I loved old Black and white horror films, the wolf men, mummies, vampires, Frankstein's monster, and the occult genie horrors.. they were kind of cheesy, the music funny but I really enjoyed them. The thing is I cannot find them anywhere to really watch - no channels, HBO / Netflix, google store etc has anyone come across any, or know where they can be found

wolf4.jpg?w=487

1 hour ago, MichaelRobartes said:

They released a load of the Universal films a few years back on Blu Ray. More and more of the Hammer films are appearing on DVD/Blu Ray as well, even some quite obscure ones.

I did see a nice blu ray package of 3 films for £18 (wolf man, invisible man, J&Hyde). I would like to have most of the films though and buying them that way would costs me a couple of hundred plus. I would also like them downloaded, would really like to be able to buy them on Google or something for the oldie film prices of around £3 a pop then I could buy them all.... but I am guessing it's a pretty niche market.

4 minutes ago, Fiale said:

I did see a nice blu ray package of 3 films for £18 (wolf man, invisible man, J&Hyde). I would like to have most of the films though and buying them that way would costs me a couple of hundred plus. I would also like them downloaded, would really like to be able to buy them on Google or something for the oldie film prices of around £3 a pop then I could buy them all.... but I am guessing it's a pretty niche market.

I can't help you on the digital front because I like to have physical copies and don't know anything about downloading or streaming services.

There are box sets like the ones you mention which are pretty reasonably priced. This has eight of the best Universal films for £18.:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Universal-Classic-Monsters-Essential-Collection/dp/B008H45YSO/ref=pd_sim_74_12?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=NCHC82MANQNW1SN9MNVZ

This Hammer box set is somewhat dearer at £50. You do get 20 films, and it's been a long time since I watched them, but I'd say only about half of them are good:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-Hammer-Collection-DVD/dp/B000HN31KQ/ref=sr_1_1?s=dvd&ie=UTF8&qid=1476263562&sr=1-1&keywords=hammer+horror

Archived