IGNORED

Ashton Gate train station a step closer

stogursey red

6 minutes ago, phantom said:

I don't mean to be the profit of doom, but the station would be no use on match days. 

Just look at the Ricoh Stadium station, not open for a number of hours before and after a game as size cannot cope with the capacity. 

Not sure how it will actually be of any benefit to us? 

Read the OP again, that's what's changed.

2 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

I don't think you understand, that's not relevant at all. All they're doing there is changing the name, the stations already there and in use. They literally want to change the name from 'white hart lane' to 'Tottenham Hotspur'

11 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Looking at the OP, that seems to be what has changed. It seems to imply that this would be a station principally for the stadium. Perhaps someone somewhere has seen the light?

Unless I am mistaken it seems you are right but only of any use for fans coming from the east and north; if you are coming from the west or south, principally Portishead, Clevedon, Weston, Mendips and further afield it looks, as others have said, a disjointed transport plan. It is quite remarkable, if true, that a plan would even be contemplated. Are the Bristol Council lot devoid of a smart brain in the room or is it a cunning plan I cannot work out as yet?

Its all very well building a 27k stadium but unless BCFC can persuade BCC to sort out their needs it is either never going to be filled or it will be an awful mess on match day; nothing new there then.

• Admin
13 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Looking at the OP, that seems to be what has changed. It seems to imply that this would be a station principally for the stadium. Perhaps someone somewhere has seen the light?

13 hours ago, JasonM88 said:

Read the OP again, that's what's changed.

EXACTLY what is at the Ricoh - it isn't about holding area's etc, it is about there not being enough capacity on the line to cope with the demand of potential usage

2 hours ago, clerk said:

Why can't they just re-open Ashton Gate Halt?

It's sitting right there with platforms still intact and everything.

the platform and the track isn't up to industry standard for passenger trains, it needs completely ripping out, 

7 hours ago, clerk said:

Why can't they just re-open Ashton Gate Halt?

It's sitting right there with platforms still intact and everything.

WHAT THE HELLS THE MATTER WITH YOU BLOKE?

Doncha know we are living in a modern 21century 'no can do'  City, Nation and society? Damn it what generation of common sense are you coming from?... you'll bring the whole  H&S, PC and F'U'Mate game of cards crashing down if you're not careful, its people like you we need to watch before you start putting the Great back into Britain ffs.

3 hours ago, Slippin cider said:

Pill is the same...platforms still intact...ok they might need buffing up a bit but still there.

Pill Station is due to re-open when the Portishead line commences . Same platform , probably needs a lick of paint , a bit of bush-trimming and a few cracks filled and it will be just the job. 

The council have just announced £92 million in cuts, so I can't see them funding anything.

More worryingly they're cutting bus subsidies, which at a time when travelling and parking on matchdays is increasingly problematic is worrying.

I guess if the "Metro" Mayor becomes reality, stuff like the Ashton Gate halt will be funded by that regional fund.

Archived