IGNORED

Why was Bamba a free agent until October?

ChippenhamRed

Remarkable that a player of his obvious quality was available in October. But why?

I can only imagine he was asking for silly money that Cardiff were desperate enough to pay, or he was holding out for a Prem move that never materialised. But it's still a strange one that he was unattached for so long!

Anyone know?

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Remarkable that a player of his obvious quality was available in October. But why?

I can only imagine he was asking for silly money that Cardiff were desperate enough to pay, or he was holding out for a Prem move that never materialised. But it's still a strange one that he was unattached for so long!

Anyone know?

Waiting for Colin to get a job!

I have a question about signing free agents. What's to stop a club agreeing with another to release a want-away player give it a few weeks and then let the other club pick the player up, outside of a transfer window, on a free and legally?

It's a bit annoying that a club can sign 4 players outside of a transfer window and they clearly made a difference to Cardiff last night.

6 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I have a question about signing free agents. What's to stop a club agreeing with another to release a want-away player give it a few weeks and then let the other club pick the player up, outside of a transfer window, on a free and legally?

It's a bit annoying that a club can sign 4 players outside of a transfer window and they clearly made a difference to Cardiff last night.

You can only sign those that were out of contract when the window closed.

Good player. Not match fit but kept Tammy quiet, scored and got a great touch in front of Bobby that changed the ball flight so basically denied the draw.

Always seems to be that one player for Cardiff who has a peaky against us !! Last year it was the keeper (Marshall was it?)

Most Leeds fans will say the Bamba last night was the 1 in 10 games Bamba. Physical beast but sometimes would make mistakes. Colin asked him to head and boot anything near him and he did. If he does that then he's a beast of a CB for the championship. Problem at Leeds was he didn't do that. 

1 hour ago, BITW said:

According to a Leeds lad I know, a monster one week as he was last night and a liability the next apparently. 

This.

He was also excellent at AG last season, but many Leeds fans say he is poor a lot of the time. They were more than happy he left.

Can't seem to sustain good form, another Andre Bikey/Amougou?

7 hours ago, Midlands Robin said:

Anybody catch the report of the match in the sun ?  Interesting !  Was Bamba signing  legal??

7 hours ago, JoeAman08 said:

Most Leeds fans will say the Bamba last night was the 1 in 10 games Bamba. Physical beast but sometimes would make mistakes. Colin asked him to head and boot anything near him and he did. If he does that then he's a beast of a CB for the championship. Problem at Leeds was he didn't do that. 

Yep Leeds ST holder says exactly the same thing - I was gobsmacked when I saw he'd been released, he said his normal form is pretty poor and that he just has the occasional amazing game, but it's far from the norm.

1 hour ago, cityred exile said:

Anybody catch the report of the match in the sun ?  Interesting !  Was Bamba signing  legal??

About the other chap who had his contract cancelled by Orient, and has been told he can't sign for another football league club until January? Has gone on loan to the non league to get games until then.

The way I read it was that Leeds announced Bamba was a free agent on September 1st, so presumed it was done before the deadline. Can only presume the other chap wasn't cancelled in time. To be honest I couldn't be arsed to check to see about it.

Archived