IGNORED

LJ will manage Tammy again.... in 2024

ploppy

Hi All

I know we are all suffering from the hangover of a deeply disappointing performance last night. However, I thought it might be fun to dream of a time where, if both LJ and Tammy continue their upward career trajectories, I do not see it as beyond the realm of possibility that Lee Johnson, currently 35 years old, may one day end up in the England managerial hotseat. If the FA continue their line of picking English managers, I cannot think of that many that I would put ahead of him now, let alone in five to ten years' time. The only name I can really think of that springs to mind is Eddie Howe.

Tammy has recently turned 19 and LJ was quoted as saying last night that he considers him to only be "six months behind Marcus Rashford". Well, as Rashford has already appeared and scored for the England first team, combined with the fact that we aren't exactly blessed with English natural goal scorers, means that Tammy will surely feature for England at some point in his career, possibly even the near future.

Therefore, I personally hope that we end up in a situation where a 43 year old LJ takes the England hotseat in 2024 and leads our campaign to the 2026 World Cup, spear-headed by a then 27 year old Tammy (who will of course be an England veteran at that point)...

So, in summary, we are going to next win a major tournament in 2026 when LJ leads us to winning the World Cup and Tammy scores a hat-trick in the final. You have been put on notice!

I think both have England futures but for LJ to be manager the FA needs changing. At this moment I think Warnock would be a candidate they'd look at before LJ. No faith in the FA to make a decent decision at this time. Though you'd hope by 2024 it'll be different. 

Archived